Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slick14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Write protection
    OK hi.. umm my friend just gave me an mp3 player. It says it's a delstar d53128. Um I plugged it into my usb port on my laptop and try to put in music in it by just simply dragging in the music onto the removable disk file but it says it can't be copied that its write protected and I have to try again. I don't know anything about this and I don't know how or what to do so I can unlock it and put music it in... thanks
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2006, 12:22 AM
    Maybe Windows XP doesn't support this MP3 player that well and you simply can't drag & drop the files into the MP3 player. You might need to install some drivers and/or software to allow you to do it first. Check with your friend to see what they normally do. They might have forgotten to give you the driver disk.

May 10, 2006, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LTheobald
    Maybe Windows XP doesn't support this MP3 player that well and you simply can't drag & drop the files into the MP3 player. You might need to install some drivers and/or software to allow you to do it first. Check with your friend to see what they normally do. They might have forgotten to give you the driver disk.

What kind of software should I download? And wats the driver disk?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 10, 2006, 03:43 PM
    Ask your friend if they still have the manual and software that came with the player. That will be key.

I'm sorry to say that Delstar is a NoName cheapie that has plenty of problems with few solutions outside of
    1. confirming XP supports it, and
    2. using the "drivers" (files that come on a disc that comes with the player) that came with it.

May 12, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    Ask your friend if they still have the manual and software that came with the player. That will be key.

I'm sorry to say that Delstar is a NoName cheapie that has plenty of problems with few solutions outside of
    1. confirming XP supports it, and
    2. using the "drivers" (files that come on a disc that comes with the player) that came with it.
    Actually no... his retarted self didn't think hell need it so he threw it all away so I don't have anything other than the mp3. He left some stuff on it like about prop 12 songs and like 5 texts. And I can barely control it. Like I don't noe what to press so it can start playing so I might just throw it away and buy me an iPod.. thnks anyway though..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Write protection [ 3 Answers ]

What does write protection mean on a cd-rw? I'm trying to burn and it says it is write-protected.

Tax write off [ 1 Answers ]

I own a small company and I am wanting to purchase some holiday gifts for my employee's. I was wondering if I could write the gifts off on my taxes? Or would it just be considered a good will gesture. Also, are holiday parties a write off to my company? -gaike

Best protection for SPY? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I recently got a spy virus on our new computer. We were somehow able to "back-date" the computer, so it made it like it was when we first bought it, and now no more pop-up's... which is good. But sometimes we will try to go to a website and an error message will come up saying we...

Can only write to rewritablecd's [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having trouble burning music or vcd's using normal cd's. I have tried several different makes, Maxell TDK and Phillips, sometimes they work but not often (power calibration error). I have tried using Nero 6, easy cd writer and I have just found out that if I use rewriteable cd's then...

Write a script [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to write a script based on a book I have read. What are the steps I need to take?

View more questions Search