Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joshandcarmen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 12:42 AM
    Freshwater aquiariums
    Why does my fish tank get all these little bubbles at the top ,and they raise sometimes,its like soap or something.but there little?:) ;)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 03:29 AM
    The little bubbles are caused from the waste from the fish and food that isn't consumed and rots in the water. You need to change the water more often.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 07:26 AM
    It could also be that your water has a high level of dissolved minerals in it (hard water).
    Or, it could also be that the fish you have could be the type that make bubble nests to mate. What type fish?

If you're able to test your water and post the results here it would help give you a better idea of what's happening.
    If it's being caused by the water condition, a water test will tell.:)
    Ammonia?
    Nitrite?
    Nitrate?
    GH?
    KH?
    Ph?

:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

High nitrite levels in my freshwater tank [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am new to my hobby I just got a 25gal aquarium and filled it out with freshwater tropical fish and as a nub started with fish that is more tolerable to harsh conditions like Platys, Hi-fin tetras, neon tetras, glow fish I had one nub but unfortunately he died about two days ago. I also have 1...

New 5 gallon freshwater aquarium [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all... hey, I just purchased a 5 gallon aquarium (hex shape, biowheel filtration) and I actually... believe it or not... also purchased freshwater that I could "just add the fish" into after water came to temperature (my kid wanted fish that day... hard to dissapoint little guy so this seemed...

Ammonia in freshwater 35 gallon tank [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I'm new at this and just got my 36 gallon aquarium may 1st this year Everything was fine until last week a fish got ick so I treated the tank... opps forgot to remove filters... so now my ammonia is high. My small test kit it says orange but I put in stresszime ( by their request) its...

View more questions Search