Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VaughnMH Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2013, 08:53 AM
    Couple of British 60's Movies
    There are a couple of British movies from the 60's I would like to see again, but can't remember the titles. Vague childhood memory. One was a science fiction about a revolutionary pop culture icon in the near future. It ended where he denounced everything in a speech, and the movie showed the speech as the last thing that existed of the guy and the sound was removed, which I guess was a statement on totalitarianism.

Another 60's movie was a type of comedy and featured a spoof commercial for a super 8 movie camera, I think they called it the "Hamshika Super 8", the last showed a bunch of people tossing the cameras in a dumpster.
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 27, 2013, 11:24 PM
    I can identify the first one, as it's one of my all-time favorites.

Privilege (1967)
    Starring Paul Jones, Jean Shrimpton
    IMDb synopsis:
    Steven Shorter is the ultimate British music star. His music is listened to by everyone from pre-teens to grandparents. He has no trace of public bad habits or drug involvement. Everyone in Britain loves him. His handlers begin to use his popularity for projects like increasing the consumption of apples after a bumper crop as an aid to farmers. The handlers decide that Steven should support God and Country next. This leads to, among other things, a rock version of "Onward Christian Soldiers," and the inclusion of a Nazi salute to make it clear (to the viewer) how far the British population will be taken for love of God and Country under Steven's guidance. Steven is very plastic in his direction, shifting as his handlers point him toward new projects until he meets Vanessa Ritchie, an artist who makes him look at what's happening.

Privilege (1967) - IMDb

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A couple of "That movie from my childhood" questions. Maybe you've seen these movies? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone! Well, I guess it's a common case when someone wants to find movies from his early childhood, so there are some movie experts on this board. Both of those movies were not very popular, otherwise it would be easier to find them via Google. And here they go: 1) Main protagonist of...

Looking for a couple of movies but I only have vague information on it [ 4 Answers ]

The first movie was from the 80s and I know it had to do with a group of people that were sneaking into Cuba to search for a treasure. I remember the survivors escaping in a boat (might have been a fishing boat). I keep thinking of a picture that one of the characters had and the group in the...

British movie, Scottish soldier in British Army hoapital [ 1 Answers ]

Several years ago, perhaps 45 or 50, there was a movie about a Scot in a British Army hospital. He was disliked, but in some manner touched everyone. He died and soldiers who disliked him were sad. I barely remember any more. It seems the Scot soldier was played by an up and coming british actor.

View more questions Search