Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loopylou24 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2010, 04:23 PM
    I dreamed of been raped and my husband doing nothing what does it mean?
    I dreamed I was constantly being raped by the same man and my husband sat back and did nothing. What could this mean?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2010, 04:43 PM

You need to change what you eat before you go to bed ?

It is a dream and normally means nothing,
    Do you have a fantisy about your husband pretending to rape you
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 12, 2010, 05:45 PM

Was this the only time you had that dream?

Try to remember what you were watching or reading before bedtime. Have there been any large news stories in your area about a rapist/rape that might have been stuck in your subconscious?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

May 12, 2010, 09:00 PM

I wonder if it may have something to do with you questioning your husband's commitment to you, or his lack of attention to your thoughts and feelings.

Has there been troubles between the two of you, especially communicating? Are you depressed or sad about anything?

It could also mean you've tried everything you can think of to get his attention, and still he's not seeing you.

May 13, 2010, 02:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    you need to change what you eat before you go to bed ?

it is a dream and normally means nothing,
    do you have a fantisy about your husband pretending to rape you
    I would never fantasise my husband raping me as I was a rape victim when I was younger.

May 13, 2010, 02:48 AM

Me and my husband normally get along and talk about most things, yes I am depressed at the moment and feeling very down but I have put this down to me being 5 months pregnant.
    My husband shows me lots of love and affection and our love life is still really strong. I am now terrified of sleep as I had the dream again last night. The first time I had the dream I posted it on here as the dream stuck vividly in my mind.
    LJDK Posts: 281, Reputation: 25

May 13, 2010, 04:17 AM

Try to enjoy the dream. I know that sounds stupid, but truth is if you can remind yourself its just a dream you can learn to appreciate the flush of emotions during the dream.

That's why I don't ever have this thing some call nightmares. I get off on the emotions of fear, guilt, sorrow or any other strong emotion I might experience when dreaming. My dreams then quickly turn to dull boring ones.

My theory for that is, is that there are entities who manipulate our dreams to feed off our emotions during the dream. Crazy yes I know. That's what people said when everyone believed the earth is flat. But when you like your dream as bad as it might be... you no longer give off strong emotions and thus they leave your dream scape alone.

Face it. There are aspects of reality our human minds cannot comprehend even if we try.

PS. The dream means that you are scared and stressed out. Considering your past its your subconcious still trying to rid you of the bad experience that you had. Its replaying things so your emotions can put it to rest. My 2 cents.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 13, 2010, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loopylou24 View Post
    me and my husband normally get along and talk about most things, yes i am depressed at the moment and feeling very down but i have put this down 2 me being 5 months pregnant.
    Is this your first child?

At five months pregnant, you are probably beginning to feel like your body isn't under your control anymore. I would guess your mind is trying to reconcile the lack of control, the subconscious feeling of being invaded by someone else and your husband's inability to do anything about it other than be there. He can be the best husband in the world, however, he is on the outside looking in. It is one of those facts of pregnancy.

You say that you have been feeling depressed and down and attributed it to the pregnancy. It seems your subconscious is trying to work through it by likening the loss of control to another point in your life when you felt you had no control.

It probably doesn't help that more than likely the child is getting active while you are asleep or trying to sleep. Babies moving around on their own schedule can cause some strange dreams.

Don't let the fear control your thoughts and feelings. It will only make it worse to add dread to the mix. Understanding the feelings behind the images can help dispel them or change them into something you can embrace.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 13, 2010, 05:40 AM
    i have put this down 2 me being 5 months pregnant.
    This is most likely the answer. Hormone surges during pregnancy tend to cause strange dreams. People dream of giving birth to monkeys, significant others cheating, etc.

It is not a trust issue, it has nothing to do with your past, but rather your present hormonal state.

This will pass after delivery of the baby and the hormones get back to normal ranges.

May 13, 2010, 08:56 AM
    [QUOTE=Cat1864;2350018]Is this your first child?

No this is not my first pregnancy, I have 2 other children 1 from a previous relationship and 1 with my husband.
    I understand pregnancy plays daft tricks on your body and make you feel invaded, having said that I don't see how it can be related to the dream I had. I can understand it been my subconcious working through issues from my childhood but I didn't no my husband then so why would he be there doing nothing?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 13, 2010, 09:51 AM
    i understand pregnancy plays daft tricks on your body and make u feel invaded, having said that i don't see how it can be related to the dream i had. i can understand it been my subconcious working through issues from my childhood but i didn't no my husband then so why would he be there doing nothing?
    Trying to interpret your dreams is a fools errand. They are the sound and fury of the mind and often signify nothing. None of us here can tell you why your subconscious is using your husband to work through your adolescent rape issues.

If you really want to, you can talk to a therapist about this, but I think that would be spinning your wheels honestly. I personally think you're making a mountain out a molehill. It was a dream. Trying to interpret it and draw out conclusions is just mental masturbation.

This is just your hormones playing merry hobb with your subconscious. Try to control it if it keeps coming back. Look up lucid dreaming.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lied to my boyfriend about being raped.wasn't raped at all.what do I do? [ 45 Answers ]

Well, I told my boyfriend a little back ago that I was raped by my mother's boyfriend, but I was never raped in the first place... the guy never even touched me. I felt like he was ruining my life (since it was the first guy my mom started seeing after my mom and dad divorced). So, I wanted him...

Now it's been 2 times that I've dreamed about my ex [ 1 Answers ]

It's not like they are normal dreams where my ex has just appeared. He and I are always the main people. Both times I have woke up with tears overflowing my eyes and my body is all sweaty. This dream (nitemare) I just had was like this. It might not make sense, but it was a dream and it's what I...

View more questions Search