Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edwardacres1987 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2010, 01:23 PM
    Help finding film names
    I'm trying to find the name of a film I watched almost 10 years ago. The film was probably a few years old when I saw it!

The plot was a follows, a female scientist discovers a signal from space. This signal through various methods of analysis turns out to be instructions on how to build a transportation device.

The government or someone issues this scientist allot of money to build this thing as they think it will take them to an alien race. The contraption is made up of spinning loops and as a ball is dropped through the spinning loops she is transported to another planet where she talks to an alien who has taken on the form of her dead father, in order not to scare her.

When she returns after a while everyone on earth believes that it was a faliure as she just dropped through the centre of the spinning loops and landed in the sea beneath. To which she explains that she did travel and she met the alien race!

It has been bugging me for years can anyone help.

?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 01:33 PM

Don't know the name, but think Jodie Foster was in it. I think more then l0 years ago though...

Tick
    jbarnes1985 Posts: 26, Reputation: 10

Apr 23, 2010, 01:34 PM

The movie you are looking for is "Contact" with Jodie Foster and Matthew McConaughey
    edwardacres1987 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2010, 01:38 PM

Thanks so much!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find film names [ 3 Answers ]

All I can remember about film, being on board maybe a roman gally. All the slaves are rowing, one is very puny. But slowly he gets stronger and stronger and ends up rowing one side of the ship on his own. I think it's a comedy. Any one help.

Finding the names of my birth parents [ 3 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to find the names of my birth parents?

Finding a film [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone can help me I wnted to get the title of a old movie that I can't remember it was about a man who had something wrong with his brain and the doctors couldn't fix it so they shrank a ship to miniture size and shrank some people the same sze so that they could go...

Finding a book title--I know plot, setting, characters names [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm trying to find a book I read about 15 years ago and I can't remember the author or the title. I believe it is a Silhouette Desire book. Most likely published in the 80's or early 90's. I know what the cover looked like--It was a man (I think on a lounge chair by the pool) with his wife...

Title of film: Race between two horses with names like nightmare and stargazer? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I have been trying to think of the title of this film for over a year it is driving me insane. Ok it must be late 80's to eary 90's: All I can recall about it is that it is animated, there are horses an evil queen who has a spider that moves about her person, but mainly lives in her hair. Or...

View more questions Search