Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    filmgeek42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 10:24 PM
    Obscure 80s animated movie
    A little boy wakes up to find his small home empty, and looks outside to see all the villagers turned to vaguely human-shaped, stone, blocky, tetris-like puzzle pieces and walking mindlessly along a downward sloping path toward the edge of town which rests along the seashore, where an evil wizard is gathering them all to stack and fit together to build a tower, and the boy has to try to stop him and save his village from ruin.

This movie is obscure as hell and I've only ever met one person who even remembers ever seeing it, and she doesn't remember where, when, or what it was called. The memory of it has haunted me since I was a small child, as it was a fairly dark, scary cartoon. It was almost fantasia-like in some aspects, as I recall.
    jmerg1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 02:46 AM

My friend ses he's seen it and really wants to know the title too. I was wondering do you remember if it terns out the evil wizzard used to be a string pupet that went to the land of lost toys and landed in the only spot that the sun shined for short amounts of time each day or something like that
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2009, 02:51 AM

Click on this link. Your question sounds the same and there is an answer...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/movies...ie-278324.html
    jmerg1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 01:54 PM
    I checked the link and I'm sure that's not the one. At least not the one I was thinking of
    filmgeek42 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 05:00 PM
    It is, indeed, Unico in the Island of Magic! Thank you sooooooooo much!
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2009, 05:05 PM

You're welcome... actually, quinn f came up with the answer in another post... I just remembered it :)
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:13 AM

I see it's time for the monthly appearance of my ancient nemesis. UNICOOOO!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obscure animated kids movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember watching this as a kid, been driving me crazy trying to remember it! It's about this evil king (and he's fat with a pointed hat I think, and kind of looked like bluto from popeye). Basically he is destroying the forest with this giant evil-spikey-looking machine. And its got a castle,...

Obscure 80's/90's Animated Movie [ 2 Answers ]

I seem to remember bit and pieces of a movie my grandmother rented for me during my childhood. I was born in 1984 and the memories of this movie pop into my mind every now and then, but I cannot remember or figure out what it was. I remember something about a princess or a girl of some importance,...

Obscure movie [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie I remember seeing when I was younger. The main characters were a young boy and a monster. The monster looked like the honeycombs cereal monster, and I think I viewed it in the late 80's or early 90's. Anything would be helpful. Thanks

Obscure animated flick, have fun with this one. [ 3 Answers ]

All right, I've been searching the internet for years trying to figure this one out and I've come up with nothing so here goes. We've got this town, a boy in blue pops in at night plays a flute and the adults turn into building blocks for the castle of some form of evil. I don't recall the meat of...

Obscure 80's animated movie gnomes [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I've looked everywhere for this movie with no luck. It's reminiscent of David the Gnome (but is not!). The storyline is that there is a young fairy or gnome with a grandfather gnome with a bright red nose and two fairy/gnome friends. The fairy happens across a house where she hears a piano...

View more questions Search