Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tax-blues Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Can I mask the account # on my 1099-INT ?
    Dear tax experts,
    I got my 1099-INT from my online direct bank, a well known reputed bank. But the 1099-INT has my online bank account number on it besides my name and address. With all due respect to the officials at the IRS, I don't like the idea of revealing my bank account number to some stranger. After all, I went through hoops to set up this online bank account.
    I never receive any statements from them by postal mail. Even though there are multiple layers of security to prevent unauthorized access to the account, why should I reveal my bank account number? Isn't it enough that I am declaring my full interest income and that I can be identified by my name and street address?
    So my question is: Can I mask or blank out my online account number on the 1099-INT, take a xerox of this altered form and attach it to my tax return?
    Thank you,
    Tax-blues
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 08:54 AM
    You donot attach 1099s to your tax return.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Not exactly correct. 1099-INT's are not usually attached to returns, but other's can be like 1099-R's.
    Only documents that show taxes withheld are attached to the return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do, received 1099 - INT for savings account have no other income. [ 8 Answers ]

Any help is much appreciated! I just received a letter from my bank marked form 1099-INT. The amount of interest income is only $12.45 for 2007. I have had this savings account since I was younger as my mom set it up for me as a gift with both our names on the account. The letter is addressed to...

Face Mask [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have been using a face mask recently but have found that after using the next morning I come up in spots. Some people have said this is your skin drawing out the impurities but not sure if this is true and whether I should change the mask to one that does not do this. Any help would...

SK-II The Facial Whitening Mask [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Guys, Has anyone used this SK-II facial whitening mask? If so, how well did it work? I want to buy it, but my skin is really sensitive. I don't know enough about the chemical make up to make a judgment on it. I hear its kind of concentrated, so I am concerned if anyone else had some troubles...

Hive mask [ 2 Answers ]

I'm just getting over hives and my my skin started peeling from it, I was wondering if their was any easy recipes to help take away the dead skin, If you have advice or a recipe please tell!!

Can I hide my income in an offshore bank account if I am a 1099 contractor? [ 5 Answers ]

I just took a position as a loan officer. Income will be high and so will be taxes. If I am an independent contactor, can I hide some of the income in an offshore bank account? I know that no one will advise upon it I understand that. But how do people get away with it? What kind of work field...

View more questions Search