Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kanyeed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Parent Advocate
    I am a parednt advocate for an foster care agency. I had taken a parent shopping and the parent was left with the monies to purchse things that were needed for the home and then turn in the receipts. I have taken parents shopping and have had them turn in the receipts. Now.. I am being told that the parent has $81 dollars not recovered the parent said that she spent the money and has no receipts. The agenciy is now telling me that my wages will be garnished. Is this legal?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Whose money was this? State or federal dollars and not personal dollars (that belonged to the parent)? When you take the parents shoppping, are you allowed to leave the parents on their own and trust them that they will buy the essentials and obtain receipts AND turn those receipts in? What is stated in your job description about leaving the parents to their own devices when out shopping? Apparently you have done this before, taken them shopping and then left them to do the shopping and nothing happened.

Yes, your agency could get the money back from you - since you were in charge. How are they going to get that money back from a parent? You were responsible for the money and the parent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any parent out there? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I are married and have four children. We both parents working but always manage for one of us to be home when the children get home from school or the grandparents. My children age are 14, 12, 10 and 6. Last night, I found my oldest daughter locked herself in the bathroom and was...

Returning parent! [ 4 Answers ]

My son is 16 and has never had any contact with his biological father. The other day his father came into the place where I work, big shock, and started asking after his son. He was with his new family, girlfriend and daughter, and it was a chance meeting. He asked for my telephone number and I...

Being a step parent [ 4 Answers ]

I need Help and or advice on being in a relationship and living with a man that I love who has three children. I have known him for 10 years and have lived with and helped support his children for 3 years while he was finishing college. His ex (not divirced yet) has been running around on him for...

Newbie's Advocate [ 2 Answers ]

I have been called upon to help a friend, a brand newbie to the PC/ Internet world and sort out their interim PC issues. They were given: NEC laptop, ( Screen has been removed !) Model : Versa E400 Value: $40.00 Using cable to connect to another Monitor. The Dial-Up Modem works, but...

View more questions Search