Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nebulae101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 01:12 AM
    Late 80's early 90's Fantasy Animated Film
    I need to know the name of this film. The only image that comes to mind is, this kid goes downstairs notices the door to his kitchen is glowing. When he goes to open the door a flood of black goo consumes him and basically whisks him away to a medieval-esque world. I need to know this to keep my sanity, it plagues my dreams.
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Jul 26, 2007, 12:15 PM
    You're probably thinking of Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland (1989) It's about a little boy named Nemo who has bad dreams when he eats pie before dinner. He promises him mom he won't eat any more pie and when he goes to sleep he has what starts as a pleasant dream about a place called slumberland where he is loved by everyone, especially by King Morpheus and his daughter. He becomes the prince of slumberland and makes a promise to the king never to open the door with the dragon symbol (the same as the symbol on the Key King Morpheus gives him) However like his promise to his mother he breaks this one too. When he opens the forbidden door he unleashes the Nightmare King who captures King Morpheus by sending a strong black slime that quickly envelops the king and takes him to Nightmareland (this is the part where Nemo "wakes up" and walks downstairs to find his kitchen door glowing and when he opens it there is a flood behind the door that takes him back to slumberland. All in all Nemo rescues the King, saves slumberland, and Marries the Princess. This was my all time favorite movie as a kid. The part I remember the most and will never forget is when Nemo is trying to defeat the Nightmare King He holds up the royal septor and screams "PAJAMA PAJAMA PAJAMA!!!!" anyway I'm pretty sure this is the movie you're thinking of and it's definitely worth watching again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's/90's animated film title search [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, For some time I have tried to get the few images I recall from an animated feature I saw when younger to stick with someone, but no luck yet. Here is what I got: A little boy is on a journey that at one point takes him through a swamp. And I believe he drives or rides in a car, and...

Early 90's animated film [ 2 Answers ]

What was the name of the movie that there were little animals who parents died by being gassed by humans... the little skunk girl was also gassed but there was a mole teacher who knew of a remedy to make her better... so the three other animals were sent out to find a flower that could cure her.....

Late 80's Early 90's Kids Film about Woodland Animals [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of this film where these woodland animals (incl. a badger, mole and hedgehog I think) set of to find this flower that will save a younger relative? At the start their parents get captured by some people that I think are actually helping the animals because they gas the...

Mid-Late 80's Creepy Animated Show/Film [ 3 Answers ]

I thought I'd throw in a movie that's been budding me for well over a decade. I tried searching for it for no avail and I found an decent description from some other poor soul that can't remember the name either. Please help me from going insane by telling me the title. All I remember is that one...

Children fantasy movie set in late 80's early 90's I think! [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to find this children's fantasy movie I watched when I was little. I only remember glimpses of this movie about a young boy who enters this fantasy land and enters this kingdom of which he steals an object out of a big glass casing! That's all I remember. The movie must have been set...

View more questions Search