Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cthompson210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 01:41 AM
    80's/90's animated film title search
    Hello all,
    For some time I have tried to get the few images I recall from an animated feature I saw when younger to stick with someone, but no luck yet. Here is what I got: A little boy is on a journey that at one point takes him through a swamp. And I believe he drives or rides in a car, and encounters a swamp creature. If I recall correctly the swamp creature was sleepy or the swamp made every one sleepy, as did being there manipulate time. ALSO, there DEFINETELY was a older weatherman character that climbed up a staircase toward the sky, at the end of which he floated off of into the air with weather balloons he held. Please help!! Much appreciated. :confused:
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I believe you may be talking about The Phantom Tollbooth, based on the classic children's novel.
    mag oblivious Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Jun 30, 2007, 04:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cthompson210
    Hello all,
    For some time I have tried to get the few images I recall from an animated feature I saw when younger to stick with someone, but no luck yet. Here is what I got: A little boy is on a journey that at one point takes him through a swamp. and i believe he drives or rides in a car, and encounters a swamp creature. If I recall correctly the swamp creature was sleepy or the swamp made every one sleepy, as did being there manipulate time. ALSO, there DEFINETELY was a older weatherman character that climbed up a staircase toward the sky, at the end of which he floated off of into the air with weather balloons he held. Please help!!!! Much appreciated. :confused:
    Sounds like the neverending story.
    AmberGizmo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 06:42 AM
    Totally the Phantom Tollbooth. The "swamp" was filled with these lazy things and they made the boy lazy The "whether" man was in it, and there was the king of letters and the king of numbers and they were fighting. It's a really nostalgic movie. It doesn't start as an animated movie though, you have to wait a bit until the tollbooth shows up in his room, and when he passes through it in that sweet tiny car THEN it becomes animated. I remember the noise song was really fun lol oh and the Spelling Bee! Awesome movie.

~J

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early 90's animated film [ 2 Answers ]

What was the name of the movie that there were little animals who parents died by being gassed by humans... the little skunk girl was also gassed but there was a mole teacher who knew of a remedy to make her better... so the three other animals were sent out to find a flower that could cure her.....

80's Children Animated Film. Desperate [ 3 Answers ]

I thought I'd throw in a movie that's been budding me for well over a decade. I tried searching for it for no avail and I found an decent description from some other poor should that can't remember the name either. Please help me from going insane by telling me the title. I remember an animated...

80's or 90s animated film with animals [ 2 Answers ]

I actually remember a lot about this movie and have been trying to figure out its title for over a year now. I even told a boy that I would marry him if he found out. Luckyly he didn't because marrying him would have been bad Any way on to the movie It is an 80s or 90s animated film staring...

Nedd help with Title of 80's/90's Film [ 2 Answers ]

I can't remember much about this film, but it's a film like Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz. A girl is in a dream like world which is like a sweet town I'm sure there is a Pink cottage in it, it's like a vortex or a cave that she got there and there are friendly people all around. I'm not...

Animated Film Of The 80's [ 2 Answers ]

This One Is Partly Animated And Partly Not, All I Remember Is This Little Boy That Ends Up Going Down Into The Ocean Or Just A Lake Or Whatever And It Is This New Land And He Has So Much Fun, I Can't Remember I Think He Might Have Became A Fish But Maybe Not, But He Had This Magical Day In The...

View more questions Search