Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beatle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 11:50 AM
    Mid-Late 80's Creepy Animated Show/Film
    I thought I'd throw in a movie that's been budding me for well over a decade. I tried searching for it for no avail and I found an decent description from some other poor soul that can't remember the name either. Please help me from going insane by telling me the title. All I remember is that one scene by the ocean and it haunts me.

I remember an animated movie that I saw in the early/mid 1980's. I believe it aired on the Disney Channel (though I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Disney production) and the animation style vaguely reminds me of The Hobbit animated movie. Here's what I can remember about the plot: a young child (a boy?) watches everyone he knows, family, friends, etc. get turned into odd wooden-block-like marionettes. He follows them on a long journey, always evading detection of the evil force turning all people into these block-monsters, searching for a way to return humanity to normal. He journeys along, trying to save his family from their good-as-dead fate, meeting with little success. The marionettes are being marched toward the ocean, and when they arrive, they all begin assembling themselves into buildings or boats or something. Near the end, the boy, who is the last person alive and the only one who can save the day, gets captured/infected/etc. and becomes one of the mindless wooden block marionette creatures as well. I seem to remember that after this, the viewer is shown the marionette's long (10-15 minute?) death-march to the sea, in complete silence. So, evil wins and the long marching lines of wooden block creatures assemble themselves into structures in a terribly disturbing and quiet scene. I sincerely hope someone can name this movie, because I can't find information about it on IMDb or the general internet, and it's driving me crazy.

Thank you very much
    SandraDee Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Feb 19, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Unfortunately I don't have a answer for this but I remember seeing this when I was a little girl. I can't remember what the heck it is and it's been driving me crazy. I almost thought I had made it up and that disturbed me even more. All I can remember is a little boy hiding while he's watching all these brown, cardboard looking monsters marching in a long line that spanned out into the distance. I do remember he knew which were his parents because his mom, (one of the monster thingies) had a small flower sort of growing out of the top of it's nose, but I don't remember why that was. This has been driving me crazy for like 15 years but I'm glad to know I didn't just imagine it.
    entertainmentjunkie Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 01:13 AM
    This may have been from a pinnocchio movie based on "something wicked this way comes" I can't remember the exact name... but I think I remember it.
    sash1113 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 09:59 PM
    I asked on Yahoo Questions and found it! Its Unico in the Island of Magic. Its also on YouTube.com.

YouTube - Unico In the Island of Magic 1 of 10

Its not nearly as bad as we remembered - I think I just recalled the same stuff as you and just kept thinking about it for 15 years or so...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early to mid 80's TV show [ 6 Answers ]

I used to get up early on Saturday to watch a TV show that had kids who were in a band. I would say it was a predecessor to type of show Saved by the bell was. Any ideas?

Unknown title from mid-late 80's [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me find the name of a movie from the mid to late 80's. I don't remember exactly what it was about, but I am pretty sure it was in the Sci-Fi or mystery genre. It starred a young man and girl in their late teens. The young man I believe worked on cars and was more of a loner, and the...

Animated Film Of The 80's [ 2 Answers ]

This One Is Partly Animated And Partly Not, All I Remember Is This Little Boy That Ends Up Going Down Into The Ocean Or Just A Lake Or Whatever And It Is This New Land And He Has So Much Fun, I Can't Remember I Think He Might Have Became A Fish But Maybe Not, But He Had This Magical Day In The...

Help me. 80's animated show/movie about two dogs that travel by space shuttle [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I remember this cartoon from when I was a kid about these two dogs that traveled by space shuttle at night. I remember the opening for it a little and it was of a log cabin in the middle of the woods and this space shuttle that would hover over the cabin to pick up the dogs. The dogs...

Film from the late 80's milly willy [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can get this film from or who produced it its about a girl (Milly) who wishes she was a boy and spins a pointer on a board with two names on it milly willy and it lands on willy next morning she is a boy called willy I have being try to get hold of it for ages :( so any...

View more questions Search