Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FemmeAnime Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 02:23 PM
    Trying to find agoraphobic romantic comedy
    This movie was an agoraphobic who had a tragedy behind each of her phobias. A lobster bit her finger, some how forcing her dad to fall overboard and drowning (lobster). Her first boyfriend died after kissing her because she ate chocolate bar with nuts (kissing). Her mother suffered a heart-attack on the porch and died, she was also an agoraphobic (agoraphobic). During a heavy wind storm, wind picked up her small dog and it died (severe agoraphobic).
    She has a job as a trip planner and does everything online.
    Her whole process for retreating into her apartment is that every time she goes outside something happens to those she loves. And this is repeated in the opening part as her elderly neighbor half-collapses outside her door, allowing her foot to exit the apartment. The elderly neighbor later dies in her arms.
    Her nephew later comes to clear out the apartment, staying there while he does. They immediately get into an argument where she bangs a tennis ball against his door and he catches it. She later tells him that she has ordered more that will arrive in 3-6 weeks. He learns that she is a trip planner and he can't stay in one place for too long. He begs her to book him a trip and she says that she can't do it without his passport. This starts the teasing angle of the movie as she tries to guess his name.
    He slowly helps her get through all her phobias and the story behind as their relationship blossoms.
    At one point he want to go to a movie with her. She tries but still can't leave the apartment. So she sets out this elaborate scheme where she leads him on a sort of treasure hunt where she leaves funny nick-names she has for him (because he still hasn't given over the passport and thus doesn't know his name). Things culminate into some bow-chicka-wow-wow. And as the clock ticks down on him leaving and her inability to still leave the apartment, she has to make a choice leave or stay? With some help from her dead elderly neighbor in the guise of suitcase she packed with random items and a touching letter, she makes her decision, stepping towards the elvator, they meet again. And the end.
    I believe this was a Canadian made film. Made for TV?
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jul 15, 2013, 03:03 PM
    This:
    At Home by Myself... with You (2009) - IMDb

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of a romantic comedy movie [ 4 Answers ]

So I have been looking for hours to find this movie, but no luck. I remember only some scenes from it, so I hope someone will recognize and help me: There was this dark haired guy and blond woman, then met and I think they hated each other and then in the end I remember the man (or was it the...

Romantic Comedy Help [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find a movie about a small fishing village where the men in the village place a personal ad in the LA Times for mail order brides. The women in the village find out about the ad by opening the mens outgoing mail. The women get upset as they wonder why the men don't date them or...

Romantic comedy in France [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the title of a movie, it was about a young male chef who was fired from US navy and he went to France to work with a famous french chef in is restaurante. Here he meets the chef's daughter and falls in love.

Romantic comedy [ 0 Answers ]

About a guy who falls in love with a girl but she has a boy friend whe she breaks up with her boy friend she put a ad in the news paper for a roommate but female only,the guy who falls in love with her put in for the ad but pretends to be gay and they becoe roommates and the share very close...

Romantic Comedy [ 3 Answers ]

You'll have to excuse me, but after my first time falling in love, I became a romance junkie. I've searched many forums, and watched a lot of movies. During my first love, I wanted to love hard, but could not be talked into watching The Notebook haha. I considered it a "chick flick", and "wouldn't...

View more questions Search