Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittyvibe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 04:16 AM
    Title of 2 movies- one 70's/80's darl cartoon other 50's? Fairy theme
    One movie Ive been searching for a long time is about fairys. I remember it being in grey then it turns to color at some point. I think the setting is in Ireland and there's a man there visiting. Hes somehow gotten himself with some fairys and I remember one was named Violet. They liked each other. There was a race with all the eligible female fairys and the male fairys and the man were trying to catch one to be his bride. I can't recall if the man was shrunk but perhaps at sometime he was in the movie. I saw this back in the early
    80's as a child and I don't know if it's a 50s movie but it had that flavor. The ending has the man getting on a horse drawn carriage/wagon and it going off into the sunset.

The other is an animated film, looks like the styles of the 70s or very early 80's. There was a forest that needed to be saved and there were many stylized creatures. I think it was borderline scary (for a kid anyway) and one character looks a lot like the Pain from the Hercules disney movie and perhaps the bad guys looked like the Panic character. The overall look reminds me of the movie Watership where in the beginning they talk about the rabbits god.Kinda stylized.
    canadianzuzzie Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Sep 25, 2007, 05:50 AM
    The second sounds like 'fern Gully'... there are a bunch of fairys in the forest and they have a evil spirit trapped in a tree... some foresters while cutting down the forest accidenly release the evil spirt (scary bit) and one of THEM is shrunk and it has a undercurrent about deforestation and man effect on flora/fauna... has a great bat (I think Robin Williams) who is called 'batty' and has escaped after being a lab experiment... does this sound like the one you mean?

Sep 25, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Hi, thank you, but sadly its not. Fern Gulley is from the 90's, the one Im thinking of is much, much older- (think Last Unicorn or older;old) . I knew this one would be very hard to describe, because I can't remember plot, just the main character design. He looked an aweful lot like Pain (drawing wise) (somewhat similar to Where the Wld things are but more stylized).
    Peggyann2023 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Oct 9, 2007, 11:14 PM
    I think the movie that you are talking about is The Gnome Mobile. It's from the fifties or sixties and one of the fairies or gnomes name is violet. There is only one guy and a bunch of girls who are chasing after him and the one who catches him has to hold onto him for ten seconds. It's got the same little kids that were on Mary Poppins. It sounds a lot like that movie but I'm not sure.

Oct 9, 2007, 11:17 PM
    Was there a painter as the main good guy character for the seventy/eighty cartoon?

Oct 10, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Peggyann- you got the live action one right! Im so pleased, thank you! You don't know how long Ive searched! /does the notworthy animation.

I don't remember a painter in the cartoon- do you have something in mind? If you know a title I can check it out and see if it's the one :D

Thanks again for the other title- your awesome!
    tinyautobot Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 07:44 AM
    How about The Secret Of NIMH?

Oct 11, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I was kind of thinking of The Elm Chanted Forrest. I don't know though. Just thinking. :o)
    cmags Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Wow! I too have been searching for the title for The Gnome Mobile, thanks so much!!
    hoping_for_rain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 12:24 PM
    I think the second one you're thinking of was a Brian Fround special you can find right on Youtube, it was simply titles Faeries, here's a link YouTube - Faeries (Brian Froud animated special) Part one of three
    happy_mugen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 04:00 PM
    Hey there, the 2nd movie that your talking about is Watership Down.Watership Down opens with a narrated prologue establishing the Lapine culture and mythology, describing the creation of the world and its animals by "Lord Frith" (the name of their god), including the rabbits' leader, Prince "El-ahrairah." All the animals are friendly, and eat grass, but the rabbits soon multiply and overwhelm the other animals. When Frith warns El-ahrairah to control his people, the prince scoffs at his warning; in retaliation, Frith gives each animal a gift, turning some of them into predators that hunt down and kill the rabbits. However, Frith also gifts the rabbits, with speed and cunning; many creatures may seek to kill El-ahrairah and his descendants, but the rabbits may survive by their wits and their quickness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hbo Movies late 70's Early 80's [ 4 Answers ]

A movie about a little boy and a drum

70's or 80's animated movies. Can't find titles. [ 13 Answers ]

One with a boy all in white with a dunce cap shaped hat. Animation in watercolor. Who goes to a strange land where he meets these bouncing busty ladies that were mountains at one point? The animation is very simple and angular. The ladies even have pointy busts! It's very musical; the ladies...

80's (Maybe even 70's) Cartoon Movie [ 1 Answers ]

All I can remember was the little girl had red hair and a yellow dress. I believe it was environment-related and I think she changed from a real girl into a cartoon through out the movie and then back into a real girl. I want to say there were two movies and one had to do with her saving a whale.....

70's or 80's Cartoon Movie [ 3 Answers ]

Alrighty, here's the skinny. When I was a kid, there was an animated movie that used to come on all the time and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called or specifically what it was about. Here's what I know: -It took place in modern times -The two main characters were a brother...

Late 70's early 80's kids cartoon movie [ 2 Answers ]

This has been driving me crazy! I saw this movie when I was about 5 (23 now) and in it there were little orange insect-like-cartoons and they had humps and you needed a certain number of humps to get into this really cool exclusive hangout place so one character faked a hump and maybe got caught. ...

View more questions Search