80's kids movie with FAIRIES or SPRITES in it.

Asked Feb 4, 2007, 12:30 PM 44 Answers
    Okay I remember renting a movie when I was little and it was about these different types of fairies or sprites that had to flee the forest. I think there were Earth Fairies & some kind of Fire Fairies... Does anybody know what I'm talking about? It all took place in a forest, and its not FernGully that was 90's, kindof like that, maybe that's where they got the idea of FernGully for? Fairies, Forests... anybody? Thanks!

Last edited by Curlyben; Feb 6, 2007 at 01:27 PM.
    SingleMom7105's Avatar
    SingleMom7105 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

#2

Feb 6, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Pan's Labyrinth
    DeNiro's Avatar
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

#3

Feb 7, 2007, 06:31 AM
    I fear you may be wrong here singlemom7105. Pans Labyrinth, directed by the great Guillermo Del Toro came out in cinemas last year. As far as I'm aware there was never a Pans Labyrinth film released in the 1980s or any other year.
    Miss Croatia's Avatar
    Miss Croatia Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

#4

Feb 7, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleMom7105
    Pan's Labyrinth
    Thank you for trying to answer that question for me, it's a really tough one. Pan's Labyrinth is a lot more recent and this one I'm searching for is early 80's. If you have any other suggestions let me know! Thanks Mamma!
    Miss Croatia's Avatar
    Miss Croatia Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

#5

Feb 7, 2007, 12:29 PM
    And De Niro you're right about that- either way I'm super excited to see the outcome of Pan's Labyrinth.
    dias06's Avatar
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

#6

Jul 4, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Croatia
    Okay I remember renting a movie when I was little and it was about these different types of fairies or sprites that had to flee the forest. I think there were Earth Fairies & some kind of Fire Fairies... Does anybody know what I'm talking about? It all took place in a forest, and its not FernGully that was 90's, kindof like that, maybe thats where they got the idea of FernGully for? Fairies, Forests.... anybody? Thanks!

I'm 20 and from south africa, and have been asking this same question for the last 10 years, been searching the internet for the name recently. I've asked all my friends, but none of them have a clue about what I'm talking about! I don't know if it's the same movie (it was a really ancient copy from our video rental, we probably the only 1s that took it out), but all my sister (24) and I remember about it is, is that there are fairies in a forest and a volkswagen car (beetle - green or yellow) that races through the forest. And that the fairies are also real actors just scaled down.

Cnt believe I came across this site, so interesting!
    monet_24's Avatar
    monet_24 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

#7

Sep 19, 2007, 02:31 PM
    The Bugaloos. They lived in Tranquility Forest and had a jeep.
    DeNiro's Avatar
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

#8

Sep 19, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Rainbow Brite?
    monet_24's Avatar
    monet_24 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

#9

Oct 16, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Rainbow Brite was not about Fairies...
    Loobie's Avatar
    Loobie Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

#10

Jul 20, 2008, 04:36 AM
    I've been searching for this film too for ages, well I think it may be the same film, it's called The Gnome Mobile! Has to two Mary Poppins kids in it! Just ordered my copy from Play.com! Hope this was the film everyone else has been looking for too!

Kids movie from the 80's [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going crazy! There is this movie my sister and I used to watch when we were little, but I can't remember what it's called. I remember it takes place on the ocean during a couple of kid's summer vacation. They are looking for a "treasure" that's really the bell from a sunken ship or...

Kids 80's movie I think [ 1 Answers ]

OK here it goes all I can rememeber is about this movie is there's a dog with a cone collar and kids making faces with their hands and when they get hit on the back their faces stay that way. HELP!!

80's kids movie [ 2 Answers ]

Knowing my luck Im not going to be able to get an answer, but here it is anyways: In the beginning of the movie it was a boy and a girl and they get the larger dolls with short curly hair and then the kids hug them the dolls come to life. Then the dolls and the kids both go into the mirror into...

80's kids movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I remember this movie from when I was younger but cant remember the title. It was about kids that would ice skate and then they talked to a snowman that could talk back to them. The snowmans name was Mr. Kumico or something like that.