Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    halo123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 10:16 PM
    Can I put a lien against someone's federal/state tax returns?
    I have exhausted all avenues of trying to get monies owed to me by tenants that I have evicted. I have their SS#, addresses. I have judgements against them. I have tried all methods to get money owed through the Sherrifs office. This is my last option.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 7, 2009, 04:19 AM

Sorry, no you can't. You haven't been able to find their job and/or bank accounts?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Federal and State tax returns. [ 1 Answers ]

Does a Florida S corporation have to file tax return if there is no income or loss for 5 years.

Tax returns(Federal and State) for employee under OPT and H1B [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am from India and working as an full time employee towards a State University under my OPT. my Gross income is <= 50k and I live in Michigan. I know I am exempt from Social Security and Medicare Taxes under OPT. But I am not sure If I will get full tax refund of both Federal and...

Resubmitting Federal and State tax returns [ 1 Answers ]

I am a permanent resident in USA for last 5 years and have sumitted Federal and State tax returns on regular basis jointly with my spouse. We even got our tax refunds as and when applicable. We now realize that we probably should have some alterations, and may like to resubmit some of those...

Can you file joint Federal returns and separate State Tax Returns [ 1 Answers ]

We lived in different cities so can we file joint federal returns and separate state returns??

State and Federal tax returns - Itemized deductions [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am Non-Resident alien from India and will file Federal tax return using 1040NR-EZ. Per Publication 519, there is provision to claim only itemized deductions by non-students from India (being non-resident alient, I cannot claim standard deduction). It also states itemized deductions...

View more questions Search