Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uticladyt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Getting a divorce and need to get ex-husband off deed
    Hello,

Went to divorce court last week. It was agreed and documented in front of judge and lawyers that I will get rental property. My ex to be is on the deed. How do I get husband off the deed? Husband is willing to cooperate fully - he must since this was documented and agreed to in court. The property in question is located in Ohio. Please advise.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Your lawyer should draw up a quit claim deed for soon to be ex-husband to sign. Then he is off the deed.
    uticladyt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Thank you for the response. I will follow-up with my lawyer ASAP to ensure this happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding husband to deed [ 4 Answers ]

I want to add my husband to the deed on my home. In turn, he wants to add me to the deed to the duplex we rent out in a neighboring city (Lincoln, NE). We are aware that we become liable for the leins on the properties, that is fine. I just want to be sure on the verbiage needed in the deed so...

Getting husband off the deed ? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is in a nursing home and was found incapacitated by the courts, so I am his legal guardian. I wanted to refinance and can't, because my husband is on the deed. How do I go about getting him off the deed? In case you are wondering, he is unable to sign anything because he is incapacitated...

Removing husband from deed after divorce [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine was awarded a lot in a divorce settlement. She has not heard from her ex husband for 10 years nor does she know where he is. How does she get a new deed to the property in her name. Thanks to anyone.:)

Add my name on my husband deed [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Philadelphia, PA and married for about 3 years. I want to add my name on my husband deed (he wanted me to do that too). How do we do it?

How do I add my husband to my deed [ 0 Answers ]

I live in California and I want to add my husband onto my house deed. My home is in my name and it is also in my own trust. I created my trust that says my husband gets my entire trust if living when I die... he has his own trust as well. However, I still want to add his name to the deed. How...

View more questions Search