Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenmsun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 11:52 AM
    My name is not on the deed to our home and my husband wants divorce.
    My husband wants a divorce. He has promised me the house. My name is not on the deed. But it is on the mortgage, along with his name. My husband wants to refinance the house before we start the divorce proceedings. He is hoping to get a lower interest rate to make it easier to pay the mortgage and his apt. rental. Should I refinance the house right now? How can I get my name on the deed?
    tiggerella Posts: 184, Reputation: 13

Jan 20, 2010, 12:03 PM

This sounds VERY fishy if you ask me, as I've seen far too many ex-wives lose everything they were promised because they trusted their ex-husband to play fair. Before allowing him to talk me into anything, I would consult a lawyer, as it would be a horrible thing for you to got through a bunch of paperwork on a refinance (for which you still need to come up with finance charges for all the necessary paperwork) only to find out down the road that you're losing everything because not all the t's were crossed and I's dotted properly...

Best of luck to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Primary Home in Florida Another home in Missouri now foreclosure but Husband had 1099 [ 7 Answers ]

Husband works for Companies out of Missouri... and receives 1099... all of his time that is free is spent in Florida But even though had a home in Missouri, he was never there... maybe a few days a month But spent more time here in Florida. Do we file taxes in Florida? And... we previously...

Divorce and My Name Not On Deed/Mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

When my husband purchased our condo I assumed that my name was on the deed/mortgage. Upon looking through the paper work I found that it was not, and that it also stated that my husband was an unmarried man. He keeps telling me that it doesn't matter and should he pass it will automatically go to...

Divorce: Name on deed not on mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

My name is not on the mortgage but its on the deed. My husband and I are getting a divorce and told me I have no right and I will have to move out.

Getting a divorce and need to get ex-husband off deed [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Went to divorce court last week. It was agreed and documented in front of judge and lawyers that I will get rental property. My ex to be is on the deed. How do I get husband off the deed? Husband is willing to cooperate fully - he must since this was documented and agreed to in court....

Removing husband from deed after divorce [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine was awarded a lot in a divorce settlement. She has not heard from her ex husband for 10 years nor does she know where he is. How does she get a new deed to the property in her name. Thanks to anyone.:)

View more questions Search