Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Evilmrb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Monitor turns off after windows xp loading screen
    Hi I've just been experiancing a problem with my monitor when I load up my computer it starts fine till I go2 the loading screen(windows Xp with bar underneath) then it just turns off and I've looked at a topic on here and I've done the f8 thing and tried 2 restart my monitor but still it doesn't work after I've put it back 2 its original settings for my screen and I am also using a LCD can anyone help me with my problem thanks
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

May 8, 2007, 11:14 AM
    If your getting to the Windows loading screen, then your LCD is probably fine.

Do the F8 thing and select "boot with VGA graphics" (or something like that).

If you get to Windows with VGA graphics, then either your video card driver is corrupted, or your display resolution is too high for the lcd to support.

As an example, if the lcd is max. resolution of 1280x1024 and you set the desktop resolution to 1600x1200, you'll get a blank screen right after the XP loading screen."

This happens too if the display driver is corrupt. Uninstall the driver, and reinstall. Sometimes the newest drivers from the manufacturer may not work properly with your hardware, so you might need to go to an older version.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor starts up until after windows xp loading then says "no Signal" [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, last night my friend came round with his laptop an we watched a film using my monitor. I turned off my computer, unplugged the monitor an plugged it into his laptop, we watched the film fine, he went home. Next day in the morning I went to turn my comuter on, it loaded up until just after the...

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp

Loading Programs into Windows ME [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to load the netgear program for usb wireless network card "wg111v2" and had the following happen: 1. It froze the computer and had to reboot 2. The program would not run when double clicked. Any help will be very much appreciated. Rajen

Windows XP won't finish loading [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running Windows XP media center. When I start the computer up everything looks great but either nothing happens when I click on the start menu or icons or I get the hourglass that dosen't go away. Control, alternate, delete will not work either so I can't see what processes are running and...

Monitor Turns off and on [ 3 Answers ]

Just lately I have been noticing that my monitor turns off and on several times. Everythings looks like the pictures and writing is smeared then comes back. It has been doing it a lot. I have ran my spyware and ad-aware. Everything comes up clean. I am not sure what to do about it. Sure would...

View more questions Search