Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flower81 Posts: 303, Reputation: 7

Jul 14, 2006, 07:24 AM
    Help for a friend
    My friend was upset a little bit she said about this :-

If your boyfriend tells you, “this girl at this bar started dancing with me, I told her to keep her space as I have a girl friend” which is great :)
    She says “so” and he moves away.
    Anyway I asked if she was pretty and he said “yes”
    I said “ prettier than me “ he said “ well to some men she may be prettier “!!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 14, 2006, 08:48 AM
    So, what is your friend's question?

Should she be upset because he danced near someone in a public place where dancing does take place.

Is she upset because he didn't walk away from the dance floor, or is she upset because they were at this place that give people a chance to do just that... dance.

Is she upset because she asked a very insecure question?. A girl who is sure of her boyfriend and his feelings for her, should never put him in the spot and ask 'is she prettier than me? " That is childish. I think the answer he gave was good - because it was the absolute truth.

If she does not like to be confronted with 'eventualities' in public, she should not place herself in the precarious position.

The only things possible here are:

a) get rid of him if she can't trust him

b) stay at home when he goes out (that will make her think of worse scenarios, but that's her problem)

c) stay at home with him and think of something fun to do there (a movie, dinner, good sex, etc)

d) lock him up and never let him out

You've been in her shoes yourself a few times, so what would you suggest.

Lots of luck, flower, and I hope you can help her.

Setting oneself up for a fall is self-destruction and self-doubt.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 14, 2006, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flower81
    My friend was upset a little bit she said about this :-

If your boyfriend tells you, “this girl at this bar started dancing with me, I told her to keep her space as I have a girl friend” which is great :)
    She says “so” and he moves away.
    Anyway I asked if she was pretty and he said “yes”
    I said “ prettier than me “ he said “ well to some men she may be prettier “ !!!
    And the question would be..
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Jul 14, 2006, 04:56 PM
    Tell her to grow up... and not to ask questions she may not want the answer to. Very stupid. See this is why some guys fail to tell some women things like this! He did something upstanding, and got the 3rd degree for it because he was honest! My guess is he wouldn't tell "your friend" if this happened again... I wouldn't. Very sad.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2006, 01:47 PM
    From my understanding, your friend is upset because her boyfriend told this girl that some men may consider her (the gf) prettier than the stranger.

Tell her to give it a break.

If she is that insecure, she shouldn't be in a relationship in the first place.

Yes, she is pretty, but not all men find her pretty. Is this something the boyfriend should go around lying?

In fact, anyone who thinks they are the prettiest thing is a bit stuck up.

Relax, if the guy isn't cheating, then just drop it. Why make problems where none really exist?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2006, 04:51 PM
    Im with you Jeff
    I don't think her boyfriend could have handled this situation any better than he did. He was honest, up front and has done nothing wrong in the slightest..
    I actually feel sorry for this guy that he has your friend as a girlfriend. He must put up with, or will in the future some serious crap (such as this) from her.
    Or is there reason for her to disbelieve him??

Jul 18, 2006, 01:52 AM
    Im glad I got all these kind of responses.
    I told my friend to take a chill pill :) Ive learnt a lot from all you, esp you Chery :)

I told her that :-
    no. 1 - he was man enough not to dance close to this women, and told her to keep her space.
    no. 2 - he has nothing to hide as he told his girlfriend immediately about this.
    no. 3 - I told her what do you care if she is prettier to some other guys as long as you are the prettiest to him ;)

Thanks guys

Jul 24, 2006, 05:46 AM
    Thanks to u chery :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friend or Foe? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I have a friend who I grew up with 'C' and he is with this girl 'E'. They recently had a baby together and have been on and off ever since. There was a period where I did not really know 'E' all that well, but when she and 'C' has a few months apart; we got to know each other better and...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

My Friend [ 5 Answers ]

One of my friends died 6 days ago. We used to play basketball together and I had a dream last night that she told me she wasn't dead and we were at a basketball game and I wasn't playing and she wasn't either. What does this mean?

Best friend? [ 11 Answers ]

My 'best friend' is acting very strange. She has been for the past year or so. She is not some one easy to talk to but it seems that she has a problem with her friends and their boyfriends. For example my ex, we finished a month ago and I saw her last night trying in on with him. Also when we...

View more questions Search