Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HartWoodridge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Finding the Branch of Service for Writ of Execution
    I won a judgment for $7500 and am trying to find the Branch of Service for the bank account of the defendant. I have a copy of the his check and called the bank to verify the account is still active. The account is still opened; however, when writ of execution was served, the memorandum of garnishee says that "No Accounts located a Branch of Service". I assume this means I have to serve the writ at the location the defendant opened the account. I have the bank's name, but how do I find out which specific bank location the defendant opened the account in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2009, 07:40 PM

Find out the coporation office of that bank in your state, they should have a person assigned to receive legal papers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writ of Execution - PA [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Today I received a writ of execution which seized by bank accounts. The judgement is for much more than I have in the bank. I am concerned because my paycheck is direct deposit which goes into one of the accounts that has a hold put on it. I tried to stop my direct deposit for my payday this...

Difference between Writ of Possession and Writ of Execution [ 4 Answers ]

My question: What is the difference between a Writ of Possession and a Writ of Execution?

Writ of execution [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I received a write of execution for an unpaid credit card. They froze my bank account and have since taken the money out. I still owe 2800.00 I have a mortgage on my home of 45,000 and my car a loan balance of 26,000. What will there next step be?? And can they keep freezing my checking...

Writ of execution [ 2 Answers ]

Collection agency for a credit card sued and won the judgement. Writ of execution has been filed. Do not own any type of property and house is a rental. Question is: can my vehicle be taken away even though I don't own it, it is financed, the lienholder has the title. I understand about where...

Writ of Execution [ 15 Answers ]

I have a small claims that went into a default judgement. A friend of mine was sueing me for $400.00... and at the end since I missed the court date I ended up owing him $1674.64. Ok so there was a default judgement placed. I received a letter from the Sheriff regarding the Writ to Execute. So I...

View more questions Search