Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dani171986 Posts: 28, Reputation: 6

Jan 25, 2007, 02:30 AM
    Ways to get over an ex
    I was only dumped a few days ago by text. One minute I'm over it, the next I'm in tears again. I just want myself pity to end. Because it was done by text, it hasn't set in complete that were not together. I just want to pull him aside and get him to talk to me. But I don't think he will. I've just to accept the short explanation that I was given, but I'm finding it hard. That he thought he was ready for a relationship, but he was wrong. He misses the single life. But then I just think what does that say about me, he didn't like me enough to not miss the single life. I just want to get over him as he's not worth my tears. Its just trying to build up myself confidence again and feeling good about myself on my own. Any ideas?
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Jan 25, 2007, 02:44 AM
    How long were you with him for? Is he quite young? Sounds like you are better off without him.
    JDOP Posts: 94, Reputation: 7

Jan 25, 2007, 03:09 AM
    You will only gzt over it by giving it time and allowing yourself to grieve and wallow in self-pity for a while
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wap
    how long were you with him for? is he quite young? Sounds like you are better off without him.
    I agree, he sounds young as this is quite an immature thing to do. Being rejected hurts enough without this being done via a text message. I am a firm believer that when you want to finish it, you should have the decency to do it face to face.

He does not sound like a good candidate for a mature, loving relationship and you are probably better off without him anyway. It may not seem like it now, but things do improve with time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 25, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Its just trying to build up myself confidence again and feeling good about myself on my own. Any ideas?
    Why take his immaturity and shortcoming as a reflection of you, no way. Stop the crying and get back to doing the things you enjoy with the people you enjoy them with. Life is not over and because he lost out you won. Your free to look around again.
    Super16 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani171986
    I was only dumped a few days ago by text. One minute im over it, the next im in tears again. I just want my self pity to end. Because it was done by text, it hasnt set in complete that were not together. I just want to pull him aside and get him to talk to me. But I dont think he will. I've just to accept the short explanation that i was given, but im finding it hard. That he thought he was ready for a relationship, but he was wrong. He misses the single life. But then i just think what does that say about me, he didnt like me enough to not miss the single life. I just want to get over him as hes not worth my tears. Its just trying to build up my self confidence again and feeling good about myself on my own. Any ideas?
    Ur going to fill bad for a while, but it is still all right for you to still have fillings for him.
    brkfstatiffs Posts: 263, Reputation: 21

Jan 25, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani171986
    I was only dumped a few days ago by text. One minute im over it, the next im in tears again. I just want my self pity to end. Because it was done by text, it hasnt set in complete that were not together. I just want to pull him aside and get him to talk to me. But I dont think he will. I've just to accept the short explanation that i was given, but im finding it hard. That he thought he was ready for a relationship, but he was wrong. He misses the single life. But then i just think what does that say about me, he didnt like me enough to not miss the single life. I just want to get over him as hes not worth my tears. Its just trying to build up my self confidence again and feeling good about myself on my own. Any ideas?
    Definitely keep as busy as you can. Turn to your friends, take a new class, go out of town. Eventually you will start to feel good about doing everything for yourself! I think it's a guy thing to all of a sudden feel as though they want something else... just be happy he told you before you got hurt via cheating or anything else. Have you seen the movie the Holiday w/ Cameron Diaz? Watch it it will make you feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel!
    guitarman Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Hey this is the sure way to get over a guy. If you really want to forget him, then find someone new and take that relationship slow at first. Don't move in with him and only go on dates. This will eventually help you get over him
    Dani171986 Posts: 28, Reputation: 6

Jan 26, 2007, 02:54 AM
    Thanks everyone.
    I'm in a good mood today, I'm not sad anymore as I decided that he's not worth it. I am keeping myself busy. Just finding things todo. I'm going shoppong tomorrow with my mates, get a bit of a new wardrobe. Retail therapy is always a good idea.
    Kyleila Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Hey,

*a million hugs* I'm so sorry that you are going through this... = (

my ex and I broke up for pretty much the same reason. We were happy and one moment he suddenly tells me that he's not sure he wants long term relationships, and just wants to date around to get more "experience"... and that's after us being together for a year and a half. It was my first relationship so a first break up is hard to handle.. and I'm still feeling it right now even after three months. But it really will get better.

and not talking to him will help. Sometimes I broke the no contact rule.. and now I just end up not able to be friends with him anymore as I can't not be bitter about the whole thing. I know you are a strong person and can make it through this. Hang in there! It's hard but just try to take it a day at a time.

I really know how you feel.. I myself am trying to get my confidence back as well... and it's hard work, but life will soon turn around for you.

Stay strong!! =D We all care about you.

Love,

Katie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ways to stay looking good on flight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I'm flying back to the US for Christmas, it's an 8 hour flight. I'm traveling with my boyfriend and meeting people as soon as we get off the plane... but I always look as though I've been through the garbage disposal by the time I get there! My hair and skin looks greasy and tired...

Six Ways To Spend A Raise? [ 3 Answers ]

A hopeless optimist friend of mine have pointed out these best ways to spend a raise: 1. Pay off high-interest debt. 2. Build an emergency fund. 3. Add to your retirement savings. 4. Contribute to a flexible-spending account. 5. Add the extra money to your mortgage payments. 6. Use the...

Amish ways [ 2 Answers ]

I am curious- the Amish say that they disavow electricity and telephones, autos, but in the past horror on PA the Amish teacher used a telephone for 911 and the children were put on life support and were transported in ambulances, Is this hypocrisy?

Some nice little ways to annoy people [ 21 Answers ]

1. Specify that your drive-thru order is "to go." 2. If you have a glass eye, tap on it occasionally with your pen while talking to others. 3. Start each meal by conspicuously licking all your food, and announce that this is so no one will "swipe your grub." 4. Name your dog "Dog." 5....

Ways IT can help managers [ 3 Answers ]

Hello guys, I would be very grateful if you could help me know: 1. Ways Information Technology can help managers fulfil their responsibilities. 2. Functions of operating system Any answer from you good people would be very much appreciated and thanks.

View more questions Search