Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sueanddunc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 04:05 AM
    Can I sue my dad for emotional damage
    My dad left my mum for har bast friend when I was 6months prenant,and there was so much upset my mum tried to kill her self all because of him,I'm now being treted for depressren.and he has done so much emotional damage to me and my 3 sons.this as been going on for 2 years
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2010, 04:18 AM

Honestly if I sued everyone for the damage that was caused towards be by my father or other people this world would not have any money left.

Instead of looking to sue someone, what you need to do is get into counseling and look for ways to heal and eventually learn to move past the hurt.

We all have choices in life to make and you have your own to make as well. Your dad did not make good choices and decisions but he has to live with that.

It is your choice to let this ruin you or over come it and become a better person.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2010, 09:41 AM

If the question is can you sue your father for intentional infliction of emotional stress, no, you cannot.

I'll leave the personal advice to Jesushelper76.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2010, 10:50 AM

You mom can use all of that pain in her divorce case and property settlement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue my ex-hubby's wife for emotional distress? [ 5 Answers ]

Do I have a right to sue my ex-husband's wife for the emotiional distress of my chidren for taking his ashes and moving away without leaving any for them? She left town with them after he committed suicide. My children are heart broken over this.

Can I sue my wealthy parents for neglect, emotional damage? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and I have been on my own pretty much since I was 17 years old. I was raised by my mother who has a PhD and is a professor at a university. My father owns a manufacturing company in Jamaica which employs over 400 people. He also had a short senatorial term a few years ago. He is...

Can I sue for intentional infliction of emotional distress [ 4 Answers ]

I am in Ohio. My husband has emotional feelings for another woman. Can I sue her for intentional infliction of emotional distress?

Can I sue for water damage [ 2 Answers ]

Can I sue my landlord for water damages done to my bedroom in my apartment since it been happening for over a year and no one will let me buy renters insurance because my case is high risk.

Can we sue for mental/emotional distress? [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé is almost finished with probation, but his ex-wife is trying to get it extended. She has been calling his PO making complaints of child abuse and other harassing calls to try and get his probation extended or him thrown in jail. She has succeeded three times in getting him thrown in jail....

View more questions Search