Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Mar 7, 2009, 10:58 AM
    How to attract small businesses to our area
    Does anyone have any good ideas of how to reach business owners who may be interested in moving their operations to an area with lower operating expenses? We are a small community with limited funds available.
    Any ideas will be appreciated.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2009, 11:24 AM

Hello gal:

At the same time you're looking for them, they're looking for you. So, you need somebody to hook you up.

In my view, that person should be an experienced marketing executive.

There are a lot of factors that come into play these days, not the least of which is the size of your community, it's proximity to large markets, major highways, rail transportation, and power generation, to name a few.

There ARE professionals out there who DO this very thing. They wouldn't charge you anything to give you some preliminary data.

I'll do some looking, and see if I can find some companies. But, I'll wait to see if you're looking for professional help, or just some good ideas.

Let me know.

excon
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Mar 7, 2009, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello gal:

At the same time you're looking for them, they're looking for you. So, you need somebody to hook you up.

In my view, that person should be an experienced marketing executive.

There are a lot of factors that come into play these days, not the least of which is the size of your community, it's proximity to large markets, major highways, rail transportation, and power generation, to name a few.

There ARE professionals out there who DO this very thing. They wouldn't charge you anything to give you some preliminary data.

I'll do some looking, and see if I can find some companies. But, I'll wait to see if you're looking for professional help, or just some good ideas.

Lemme know.

excon
    Thanks Ex!

Our town is under 1,000 population, but located in the middle of a large labor pool, on a major E/W highway, train runs right through town and we have NO traffic jams. Texas taxes are better than many states, and building restrictiions are nil, so start up costs would be thousands less than many places. The air is clean and if the big city is needed, we are just an hour from Dallas.
    A company could move from the high rent district, pay less wages, and still give the people here a much better deal. Win win situation.

Personally, I think that now is a good time to look at this. Some small businesses are either going to have to find lower operating costs or go out of business.

I suppose we should at least consider professional help, although with the size of our tax base, you can imagine the size of the available fund. Do you know of any available grants we might apply for?

As I said above, we are now open to any suggestions, and of course, free advice is always welcomed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to attract. [ 10 Answers ]

Ok so the other night I met this basically unattainable girl who can probably get any man in the world. I know that is selling myself short and it won't stop me for trying, I just wonder how do you attract someone like that. We met the other night and had a great conversation and I am moving in...

Shaving pubic area, spots and small pimples [ 2 Answers ]

Hello After shaving my pubic area. A couple of days later small red spots and small pimples appeared.I know this is not an std but am a little worryed as they are still there after 1 week.Can someone help please.

Small itchy bumps women pubic area [ 2 Answers ]

Hi wondered if sumone could help me I ave itching and small bumps in my gential area I'm a women haven't had unprotected sex and can't quit get me head round this please help :(

Pool Liner Coming Off Coping In Small Area [ 1 Answers ]

I have an in ground (32X16 Rectangular) pool and noticed that there is an area about 6 to eight inches of the liner that detached from the coping in the shallow side. The pool is only five years old and I was wondering if I could fix it myself. The liner has a slot in it that slides over a rail in...

Tax Advantages for small businesses donating to a 501C3 charity? [ 2 Answers ]

What tax advantages are gained by an individual or small business making a donation to a 501C3 non-profit organization? Thanks Ken

View more questions Search