Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MEGHARANA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 03:22 AM
    Late menstrual period
    Hi,

I have a problem of late periods this month. I am 20 days late this month. I have done preganancy test but it was negative. I am confused and worried about late period. Could you please tell me what could be the reason?? And what would be its effect??

I would like to let you know that I have been eating banana and apple in my lunch since last month, could this be the reason-change in my diet.

Please send me answer.

Thanks.
    brookeleigh Posts: 119, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2007, 03:25 AM
    It could be you are low in iron I think but having a regular menstrual cycle is usually a sign of good health. When you have a late period or missed period it could be a sign that something is up. There are many different reasons for late periods but if the problem continues for more than one menstrual cycle, make an appointment with your doctor to discuss the issue.

If you have a late period and a negative pregnancy test, then consider whether you've recently been sick, gained or lost a significant amount of weight, have been under excessive stress or have taken any new medications. All of these things can affect your menstrual cycle and cause you to have irregular periods. Additionally, certain types of birth control, including the birth control pill, Depo-Provera and Norplant, can cause you to have menstrual cycles disturbances.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

Menstrual period [ 1 Answers ]

I started my period January 1 and it lasted about 7 days.. I started again on January 16, first spotting and now it is heavier. What could be the cause of this? I am not on birth control and have been off for over a 1 year now. Please help.. I have never done this before.. What could it be? I am...

Please help with the cause of this-Menstrual period [ 2 Answers ]

I started my period January 1 and it lasted about 7 days.. I started again on January 16, first spotting and now it is heavier. What could be the cause of this? I am not on birth control and have been off for over a 1 year now. Please help..

Menstrual Period and Low Iron [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have health insurance, and I haven't seen a doctor in almost 7 years. I am 19 years old, and I have a few problems, but I don't believe they are life-threatening or anything. I have not gotten my period in over 4 months. I know I'm not pregnant, and I am not obese. I do not have depression....

Hcg Levels And Menstrual Period [ 1 Answers ]

Can you still have HCG in your system and get your menstrual period?

View more questions Search