Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desireetierra Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Finding baby's blood type while pregnant if I was raped
    I am 5 1/2 months pregnant and I was raped around the time my husband and I were trying to conceive is there any test that can be done in the columbus area to find out the baby's blood type my husband and I are both o+ and the guy that did it is a type 1 diabedic with type ab blood as I get closer to my due date of 12-24-07 I get more and more frighted about what to do with this child I'm carrying its another girl (we already have a 3 yr old girl) :confused: :(
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 06:32 AM
    I believe that there is a test that is called Aminocentesis, but they only do this if they are looking for a medical problem with the fetus. There may be more test that I am unaware of. Talk with your OBGYN and be open with him/her about your need to know. I really hope that you are seeking counseling to hep deal with this. I hope the sex of the baby does not determine if you choose to keep it or not. You know that adoption is an option. I can not begin to understand what you are going through, but my heart goes out to you. Good luck
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 02:04 PM
    I don't think they will do any sort of test unless it is medically necessary, as all tests that involve penetrating the aminotic sac can increase risk of miscarriage.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 27, 2007, 02:11 PM
    I am so sorry you had to go through this. Rape is a terrible thing for anyone.

Am I right to assume that it is someone you know since you know that he is diabetic and you know his blood type? Please don't get me wrong, but I find this rather unusual to know all this information if you were raped.

Unfortunately, there is really nothing that can be done besides an amniocentesis. However, an amniocentesis is rarely, if ever, performed for purposes of blood typing only due to the expenses as well as the risks and potential complications associated with the procedure.

So, you're having another girl? Congratulations. I am sure you will love her just the same. Would you feel different if it were a boy?
    shesh-presh Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by desireetierra
    i am 5 1/2 months pregnant and i was raped around the time my husband and i were trying to conceive is there any test that can be done in the columbus area to find out the babys blood type my husband and i are both o+ and the guy that did it is a type 1 diabedic with type ab blood as i get closer to my due date of 12-24-07 i get more and more frighted about what to do with this child im carrying its another girl (we already have a 3 yr old girl) :confused: :(
    What do you mean what to do with this child? Are you thinking of not keeping her if she is not your husbands?

Sep 28, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shesh-presh
    what do you mean what to do with this child? are you thinking of not keeping her if she is not your husbands?
    I will give it up for adoption unfortunally I know the person that did it he happens to be a friend of my parents I know I couldn't bear looking at the child and that's the hardest part because I know regardless it's a part of me but I don't want it

Sep 28, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by desireetierra
    i am 5 1/2 months pregnant and i was raped around the time my husband and i were trying to conceive is there any test that can be done in the columbus area to find out the babys blood type my husband and i are both o+ and the guy that did it is a type 1 diabedic with type ab blood as i get closer to my due date of 12-24-07 i get more and more frighted about what to do with this child im carrying its another girl (we already have a 3 yr old girl) :confused: :(
    What state are you in? That is so sad that it happened to you. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for almost a year now and have not succeeded. Do you have a family member who is wanting to adopt the baby or what are your plans in that area?

Sep 28, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I am so sorry you had to go through this. Rape is a terrible thing for anyone.

Am I right to assume that it is someone you know since you know that he is diabetic and you know his blood type? Please don't get me wrong, but I find this rather unusual to know all this information if you were raped.

Unfortunately, there is really nothing that can be done besides an amniocentesis. However, an amniocentesis is rarely, if ever, performed for purposes of blood typing only due to the expenses as well as the risks and potential complications associated with the procedure.

So, you're having another girl? Congratulations. I am sure you will love her just the same. Would you feel different if it were a boy?
    Unfortunately I do know the person that did it they are a close friend of my parents so not all rapes are committed by strangers there are people that are raped by parents,friends,family,uncles,aunts,cousins,nephew s,sisters,brothers or other people they know no I wouldn't feel different if it were a boy but I don't want a child that belongs to they guy that raped me especially seeing how I've never once cheated on my husband in the 4 yrs we've been married
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 12:34 PM
    I had amnio's for both my children for genetic issues. I don't recommend them unless it is absolutely necessary.

Sep 28, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shesh-presh
    What state are you in? That is so sad that it happened to you. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for almost a year now and have not succeeded. Do you have a family member who is wanting to adopt the baby or what are your plans in that area?
    Ohio columbus actually I haven't told anyone else except one of my sisters I am scared to tell my husband due to his reaction I know he will go after the guy and I don't want him to end up in jail or worse because we still have a child that needs him but I know in my heart I don't want this child if it turns out to be the other guys and I know I will have to tell him before the baby is born
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 12:38 PM
    You should report it to the police, desireetierra. If you plan to give the child up to adoption, you will have to tell your husband. The longer you wait the harder it will be.

Sep 28, 2007, 12:48 PM
    How old are you? Is your husband supportive of you? Or your parents? What was your sister's advice?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood Type [ 5 Answers ]

I am blood type O-, my husband O+. When I gave birth to my son I was told he was type A+. Is that possible or they made a mistake?

Blood type [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know can ap person with a o-blood have a child by a person with a b+blood type?

Same blood type [ 4 Answers ]

I want to get pregnant but my husband and I have the same blood type (A+) and people have told me that by us having the same blood type that something could come out wrong with the baby! Is that true?

Blood Type [ 2 Answers ]

Can a man who has blood type B be the father of a child who has blood type AB if the child's mother is blood type AB?;)

View more questions Search