Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiasiasm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Stressed about emotions
    I have been in a relationship with someone who I really love for two years now. When we first met I was under the impression he just split with someone and was in the process of moving from the residence where they both lived. I also just split from a long term relationship and really like hom but didn't want to rush into tings so we didn't move in together. However, for one year I move farther away and the following year moved closer to him thinking things were going to improve only to find that he had a baby with this female and he is dating four other woman. I am terribly hurt because I loved this man in my heart. Well, that happened several months ago. Things have changed between us but we stioll speak with each other and that's daily. Has he changed "NO". I still love him in my heart and I know that has far as relationship between me and him it'll never be and I try to be more his friend if anything. My question is does he see me as just someone that's not important and how can I get rid of that love that I have for him without losing him.
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Jul 27, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Sorry, but I believe the only way to get rid of that love is to not talk or see him for a while until the love fades. But in reality, does anybody really stop loving someone they dated.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 09:10 AM
    I totally agree with SAB123. You the reason you aren't getting over him is because you haven't moved on. By talking to him every single day you are keeping the emotional aspect of the relationship alive on your side. The only way to get rid of that love for him is to cut him out of your life. Maybe not forever but at least until you don't feel like you are still carrying a torch for him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 27, 2007, 09:24 AM
    He hasn't changed and you can't move on until you break off all contact with him. You have a false hope that he will change, and can have a relationship with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strange emotions [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very weird problem - I am overcome with a sort of negative emotion that I can't describe whenever I see a particular thing. Of the many things that will bring this on, some of the worst are the angle of the sunlight, certain old cars, tall trees, wood panneling, old houses, children,...

Dealing with Emotions [ 8 Answers ]

In a professional capacity, would you say it is okay to be "angry or emotional"?

He's playing with my emotions [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend just called me a few minutes ago to ask me if he could come to my house,thing is we stopped keeping contact a few months ago and now I'm going out with his friend and he knows about it cause he asked me about it, he asked me if I want to date this guy and I said yes thing is I still...

View more questions Search