Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsluce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 11:18 AM
    Can yeast infections cause hair loss in females?
    My grandmother has all of a sudden started losing tons of hair! Not in patches, just handfuls. She has frequent urinary tract, and yeast infections. Could either of these be the cause? Her Dr. ran all kinds of labs on her, and everything came back normal... Any ideas? And what can we do to stop it?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 11:29 AM

I've never heard of UTI's or yeast infections causing hair loss. Did the dr run tests to make sure that's really what she's getting? Has she been stressed? Stress can sometimes lead to hair loss. My friend's dr had her use rogaine when she was so stressed she started losing loads of hair. But I would recommend your grandmother talk to her dr more before considering doing the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yeast infections? [ 12 Answers ]

Okay.. im14 and I don't have itching or burning of urination, but I have a white/ yellow discharge.. I'm pritty shure it's a yeast infection.. but the problem is how do I tell me mom? I'm really skared.. I don't want to go to the doctor I have a male doc. And he freaks me out.. my mom has tried to...

Yeast infections [ 31 Answers ]

Hey guys got a problem. My fiancé says that she is getting "yeasty" not long after we have had sex. The last few times we've had sex, I made sure to get extra special clean, but she says it happens again. I've been to a doctor to have some test done on me, but he says I'm clean. What are we...

Yeast Infections [ 1 Answers ]

How do women get yeast infections?

Yeast infections [ 2 Answers ]

What is most common cause of a yeast infection?

Yeast Infections? [ 3 Answers ]

I have had this yeast infection for a long time. I have tried monistat two times, I've tried going to my physician and getting medicine. NOTHING WORKS!! I think it's a curse, I want to know do you have any adivse on how I should go about getting rid of it.

View more questions Search