I just want my girlfriend to love me again, I love her but she doesn't love me anymor

Asked Sep 29, 2009, 04:14 PM — 34 Answers
    3 moths ago, I broke up with my girlfriend for no reason at all. And for the past 2 months she tried and tried to make me go back to her. But I didn't give her a chance. That was the biggest mistake in my life. And then as time passes, we just don't get along anymore, and I keep pushing her away and yelling and being emotional towards her all the time. But last week, everything just suddenly change, I talked to her again and talked and talked and talked about how much I love her and I want her back. But then she unexpectedly told me that she doesn't want me anymore and she doesn't love me. She said she moved on and said I should too. I don't know what to do I want to be with her no matter what. I don't care if I wait 1 year, 5 years, oreven 10 years.. I just love her so much with all my heart. I haven't felt this feeling before. Help me. And need advice because this is my first time being truly in love. I know there's a saying "If u love someone let it go, if it comes back then its meant to be, if it doesnt then its not" but I just cant get rid of this feeling for her. She even told me to promise to love her FOREVER no matter what happens.. To be honest, so I can give you guys a starting point, we dated for 1 year and 3 months, but during those months, we there was a lot of fights, most of it due to suspicious and jealousy, yes I get jealous but I plan to change. We even fight over little things, most of it is my fault. But I just don't get though, she didn't break up with me in those 1 year and 3 moths.. so I believe its true love. Until I made a mistake.
    Plsss I need advice on what to do, I don't care how long I'll wait..

Last edited by talaniman; Jan 1, 2013 at 08:42 AM.
    jaime90's Avatar
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163

#2

Sep 29, 2009, 04:36 PM

Talk to her and be honest. Ask her if she's willing to give you another chance. Tell her that you will try your best this time around. Also, if this is true, let her know that you intend to marry her eventually if everything works out between you. (relationships should be with marriage in the future- and in my opinion, you should only date with the intent on marrying and seeking your future spouse. It's either marriage, or break-ups there's no other option.) If she decides to give you another chance- maybe you guys could take counseling (me and my fiancé are in pre-maritial counseling, it's the best! We learn so much about how to resolve conflicts, etc.) If she decides not to take you back, then it's best you move on, and try your best at moving on. If she comes to you one day wanting you back, then you'll be pleasently surprised.
    harslord's Avatar
    harslord Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

#3

Sep 29, 2009, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post
    Talk to her and be honest. Ask her if she's willing to give you another chance. Tell her that you will try your best this time around. Also, if this is true, let her know that you intend to marry her eventually if everything works out between you. (relationships should be with marriage in the future- and in my opinion, you should only date with the intent on marrying and seeking your future spouse. it's either marriage, or break-ups there's no other option.) If she decides to give you another chance- maybe you guys could take counseling (me and my fiance are in pre-maritial counseling, it's the best! We learn so much about how to resolve conflicts, etc.) If she decides not to take you back, then it's best you move on, and try your best at moving on. If she comes to you one day wanting you back, then you'll be pleasently surprised.
    But she said she doesn't want me anymore. She even told me that I was the one she wants to marry. I don't know what to do its hard. We even promised. I know I should move on, but in your own opinion, do you think its worth it to try?. it doesn't matter if I have to wait, I just want to be with her. I love her so much. Maybe I can win her heart again if I change and prove to her that Im a better person and I'm capable of making her happy again.
    tiara robyn's Avatar
    tiara robyn Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

#4

Oct 26, 2009, 05:54 PM

You can always try but in the process do not try too hard! It will only ruin it. I think you should let them know how you feel and what you want and give them time to think over it and do not be too pushy.
    heartshinegirl's Avatar
    heartshinegirl Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

#5

Nov 16, 2009, 12:35 AM
    Love never hurts when it's always there for us, but it's when it goes away that we want it back.
    Sam080890's Avatar
    Sam080890 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

#6

Nov 26, 2009, 11:08 PM

harslord don't push her. If she has told you she's moved on then you need to respect her feelings. Even if you think there may still be hope, you need to give her space and then see if she comes back in her own time. The worst mistake I made is telling my man how much I loved him when we split. It made me look desperate and weak and these qualities are very unattractive in a person!. you were with her for quite a while so its bound to be hard especially if you both think it was love. Those sort of feelings don't just disappear. It takes a lot of time and strength to get over it completely. If you are willing to wait then you may get lucky and she may realise she still feels for you and wants to give it another go. For all you know she could be playing hard to get and likes the fact that its you chasing her this time instead of her doing all the work. However you cannot live your life hanging around forever. If she still doesn't want to know after the next couple of months, then you need to think about letting go. 4 your own peace of mind. Hanging onto something that isn't there anymore is soul destroying and so destructive. If you care about her then you will want her to be happy and vice versa. So let her know how you feel then leave the ball in her court. That's all you can do. This is out of your control now, you just have to stand back and let her figure it out for herself. X
    Jake2008's Avatar
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,246, Reputation: 3298
    Emotional Health Expert

#7

Nov 27, 2009, 01:42 AM

You were together only 15 months, and during the entire time as you said, you were both fighting, mostly about your suspicious and jealous nature.

That alone is the death of a good relationship. She is probably realizing that living without you being jealous and suspicious, and living without the arguing, is giving her a taste of freedom, and she likes it. Who can blame her really.

Im not saying you are a bad person- far from it. I absolutely believe you are sincere in wanting her back.

You may wish to speak to a counsellor, and see if you can understand better, just what being jealous and insecure does, and how to change that thinking. If she sees you making that effort, you have a much greater chance of getting her back.
    trackbabe69's Avatar
    trackbabe69 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

#8

Feb 25, 2010, 04:21 PM

I think that you should at least try to move on. Date other people and if you still can't move on then just tell her you tried to move on but you just can't live without her.
    Devorameira's Avatar
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981

#9

Feb 26, 2010, 01:49 PM

Sounds like your relationship has been a long and rocky road. I think it's great that you can admit that you have been wrong and know you really love her, but it may be too little too late. May be time to move on!
    adiggs1's Avatar
    adiggs1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

#10

May 17, 2010, 05:20 PM

You cannot force someone to love you. Nor can you make an unhappy bird sing. As Mark Twain once wrote 'The elastic heart of youth does not stay contrained in one shape' What he's saying is time move's on and you're just trying to hold it back. You have to let go of the past to ever have a chance in the future. Your life has a limit and you're wasting it begging for someone who's living their life to its fullest. Forgive, forget, move on. It's the only path besides the path of pain which you've already started.

Why doesn't my girlfriend love me as much as I love her? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there evrybody. I'm NEED of some HELP! I've currently been dating my girlfriend for 9months already. We have had awesome times together. But recently she shows no affection towards whatsoever, you expect your girlfriend to be excited to see you.but in my case there is no excitement whatsoever...

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Girlfriend said she doesn't love me as much as she used to [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend of approx 2 yrs told me she loves me but not as much as she used to. She is 18 and I am 22 for the first year things were great , we would do everything together and even talked about marriage , kids and getting a flat etc. She used to tell me I was the only lad she could be herself...

I love him but he doesn't love me. [ 6 Answers ]

There is a boy that I went out with ages ago and I have loved him ever since we broke up. I am miserable.I think about him every night and I want him to love me back. We are good friends but I want more. What do I do?