He thinks he's a vampire. No joke. I'm worried.

Asked Nov 6, 2007, 09:30 PM 39 Answers
    I wish I were kidding, but I honestly am not.
    My friend asked me if I could keep a secret, and like a good friend, I told him of course I could.
    So he tells me he's half-vampire. This was online, that he's saying this. My first thought was that he was messing around with me, but he really isn't.
    He says he's got these memories of it and everything, and it's been since he was a kid.
    And he's not the kind of "vampire" person that sharpens their teeth or drinks blood (as far as I know.) He just... thinks he is.
    I wish I could believe him, but... I don't know what to think.
    On occasion, he's a bit depressed, which correlates with psychosis or schizophrenia sometimes, right? I don't know... So... Help?
    Is it some form of psychosis? Schizophrenia? They're my only guesses.

I'm only 14, so dealing with this by myself? It's kind of scary.

ANY kind of help would be deeply appreciated.

And, by the way, how would I go about asking him about his... health?. without offending him??

Last edited by toomuch2take; Nov 6, 2007 at 09:40 PM.
    N0help4u's Avatar
    N0help4u Posts: 19,839, Reputation: 2034

#2

Nov 6, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Don't ever agree to meet him there are actually people that D0 this but I really don't think they are vampires, more like vampire wannabes. They have their own organizations and
    D0 do 'abnormal' things.
    KBC's Avatar
    KBC Posts: 2,546, Reputation: 487

#3

Nov 7, 2007, 04:25 AM
    Accepting a friend is all I can see you can do, don't judge him for his beliefs, weather they are rational or not( this is for his question of mental stability) by not judging him you won't alienate him for you.

Nohelp4u is right, DON'T meet up with them,this is a questionable comment on your friends part, but online you can't be made a victim, or made into some kind of scapegoat for someone else's whims.

If it makes you uncomfortable, stop chatting with them, your safety and well being are far more important than his needs.
    NeedKarma's Avatar
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,378, Reputation: 1667

#4

Nov 7, 2007, 04:42 AM
    Both posts above offer great advice. If you are not sure about something like this you can always ask your parents. If I were you I would block this person.
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,681, Reputation: 1647

#5

Nov 7, 2007, 04:48 AM
    Your first instinct was correct. He is messing around with you. Have you ever known a vampire in real life? People can hide and say any number of things that they want to in their online identities. Since this is becoming uncomfortable and also confusing for you, I would just quit communicating with him. Unplugging him is not going to do any harm to him. You don't really know him. He's not really your "friend." He is an unidentified stranger who is "pulling your leg" so to speak and not being real with you. Just shut him off.

If I were you, I would just shut off all communication with people on whatever site you found him and speak with people on a site such as this about things in which you are interested or have questions about because it is so well moderated. If you want to go communicating with people online that you don't know, then it's best to be doing it on a site such as this.

Anybody doing bogus things on this site is going to get nixed real quickly.
    Shell_Lee's Avatar
    Shell_Lee Posts: 83, Reputation: 10

#6

Nov 7, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Doing a little bit of research on this may help you. Look up the "Vampire Killings" from 1998. A 17 year old named Rod Ferrell killed 2 people from Eustis, Florida. He thought he was a vampire too! Now he is in prison for life.

Being a "vampire" is a growing "trend" in today's teenage society. Why? I have no idea. The closest you'll get to a "vampire" today is if you pick up a Anne Rice novel or put in an Underworld DVD.
    toomuch2take's Avatar
    toomuch2take Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

#7

Nov 7, 2007, 01:38 PM
    No, I go to school with this guy.
    He's my age.
    14.
    I see him on a daily basis.
    And he doesn't do that thing that some "vampire wannabes" do, by like drinking blood and such.
    He just, really and honestly, thinks he is.
    So... sorry if I wasn't clear in my question.
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,681, Reputation: 1647

#8

Nov 7, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by toomuch2take
    No, I go to school with this guy.
    He's my age.
    14.
    I see him on a daily basis.
    Thank you for the clarification. At least he is not a stranger to you.

Have you spoken with your parents, a teacher or a counsellor concerning him?
    toomuch2take's Avatar
    toomuch2take Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

#9

Nov 7, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I know him in real life.
    toomuch2take's Avatar
    toomuch2take Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

#10

Nov 7, 2007, 02:38 PM
    I've spoken with my OTHER friend, who's going to talk to her therapist about it, because we think maybe her therapist will know.
    But no, I haven't said anything to teachers or adults.

Identify Vampire Movie [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, I've been looking for this movie for at least 4 years now. I only know of one scene. There is a boyfriend who is in a house standing near a staircase, and his former girlfriend , now vampire comes at him, and he says "Wait, wait! Before you kill me, i just want one kiss." She replies with a...

Teenage vampire movie [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie that has a gang of teenage vampires and a man falls in love with the female vampire. He has to kill the lead vampire to be with her. The vampires are actually afraid of the man but nobody knows his secret. The man is really a werewolf but you don't know it until the very...

Vampire Movie [ 3 Answers ]

A while back I watched a vampire movie and I only see about 10mins of the movie and all I can remember seeing is a vampire on a horse wagon and he was being moved from one place to another and they had to keep him in dirt so he would not die or something.I think it was back in the 90's.Do anyone...

How do I know what he thinks of me? [ 2 Answers ]

I met this one guy a couple of weeks ago. Well, actually we met last year already, but everything we talked about was work related. We work at the same place, but we rarely work together... Anyway, we have now started going out. We went to the movies once, went for coffee today, and for now we're...

Vampire gunslinger [ 2 Answers ]

- I also remember seeing an old black and white western - it involved a town dominated by vampires- taken down by a gunslinging preacher who used the brass buttons w/ embossed crosses- as bullets or jacketed bullets - to kill the vampires as he had the faster draw- anyone know this one?