Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerry88 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 06:15 PM
    Small spot on penis
    Hi, sorry if this has been asked before (I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for).

Just in the past few days I noticed a really small, maybe 1mm in diameter spot on the shaft of my penis. It is slightly raised and has a darkish head to it. I'm worried that it may be a wart although I am not sexually active and never have been (I'm only 17). My question is whether it is possible to spread normal warts to the genital area - I have a small wart on one of my fingers and am not sure whether this is where the spot is from (if it is actually a wart).

Also, I have a second bump which is a little more raised but has a yellowish, pimple sort of look to it. It has been there for about 2 weeks now and isn't painful or itchy at all. I don't pop it or anything but am getting a little worried, is there anything that may define it as being a sebaceous cyst apart from "looking like a lump"?

Thanks for the help
    Jezza.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 23, 2006, 06:21 PM
    Yes, it is possible to spread a wart from one region of the body to another. Warts are a virus and eventaully clear up on their own.

That said, however, when it comes to your sexual organs it is always best to have a doctor rule out anything serious (tumor, etc.)

I realise it may be embarrassing, but if you find a male doctor, he has a penis too and would be concerned if he found the same thing on his.

So, please see a doctor, a urologist if possible, just to make sure you are completely healthy.
    godson12 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 08:11 AM
    Actually the hpv virus that causes hand warts, is not the same as the one that causes genital warts. So no it you can't spread them from your hand to your penis. However I agree that you should get it checked out at the doctor. I just had to go to the doctor to get a bump checkd out, it was nothing serious. The whole experience is not even half as bad as you think it is.

Oct 24, 2006, 04:50 PM
    Thanks for the help guys, I guess I will have to work up the courage to tell the parents :(
    Expert

Oct 24, 2006, 05:03 PM
    Read this thread. Godson did a great job. But read the WHOLE thing.

Oct 31, 2006, 05:25 PM
    Thanks. I am getting really worried. I know I should see a doctor but I am finding it incredibly hard to tell me parents. I am almost certain it is genital warts except I have never had any sexual experiences! I just don't understand, I know I'm not the only one with this problem but it's really annoying that I haven't even had a chance to have sex and I've already got this crap. Is it possible to have genital warts without any sexual interaction? Also, I know godson said that the virus doesn't spread from other places to the genital area but at the moment it's the only way I can think it has spread. :(

The email idea from godsons thread is really good. I think if I tell my mother that will probably be my route too.

Thanks again guys. :o
    Expert

Oct 31, 2006, 07:41 PM
    Jerry, I think the kind of genital warts you are thinking of are ONLY sexually transmitted.

You need to have this checked to make sure it is nothing serious.

Make an appointment with a male urologist. He has a penis and he sees them all day every day!!

If you have warts on your hand and it has spread this is only a virus and should go away on its own. But you need to be seen to be sure that is what it is.

Oct 31, 2006, 07:57 PM
    How would I go about making an appointment with an urologist? Would I usually need a refferal from my normal doctor?

Thanks.
    Expert

Oct 31, 2006, 08:03 PM
    It depends on your insurance. You may need a referral. If your normal doctor is a man, then see him first. This could be something very simple, but needs to be checked out.

Just remember that men doctors see penises all the time, they have one!! As you have seen on this site, this is not uncommon and is usually something very simple.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A black spot on penis [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Please somebody help me. I did stupid thing. Few months ago, I wore a dirty sock on my penis and masturbated. Not just once, but many times in a week with same dirty sock. Afterwards, my penis starts hitching. I noticed that a dry spot on my penis which turned to black. It is a dry black...

Small bump on penis shaft? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. Here is my question. A few months ago I noticed a pimple like bump on the skin on the shaft of my penis. I believed it was an infected hair because I do shave down there. Over time the bump has gotten a little bigger (barely) and has turned black. It doesn't hurt at all nor does it itch. I...

Small red spot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am 16 years of age. I have a small red spot on the side of my penis, its on the left side of my penis. I am circumcised and I'm a virgin the only sexual contact is oral sex with a girl but I didn't come. I am really worried because at first I thought it appeared because I masturbated regulary...

Small spot on rug wet--on slab--no basement [ 1 Answers ]

We have noticed a small wet spot on our rug, which happens to be next to a ceramic tile, near our entryway. The wet spot is about 3" from a closet, and on the other side of the back of the closet wall is our laundry room, with washer and dryer. The grout on the tile next to the wet spot is...

View more questions Search