Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martina59 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2009, 05:44 PM
    I feel like I'm not "ME" Is this part of peri-menopause
    :( I'm feeling terribly insecure, always second guessing most of my thoughts and decisions. I'm also unable to let the "un-important" things go; slights happening to me by others, insignificant little things that normally I wouldn't stress about are totally getting to me, and I can't seem to forget about it, and I tend to put a LOT of thought and emotion into it all the time. I've just begun to have irregular cycles (over the past 4 mos), night sweats, very overly sensitive.

Are all these part of peri-menopause? If so, what do I do about it? I'm very reluctant to try any of the hormone creams, or patches, My dr. won't even test my blood work, as he says it can vary even the slightest by the day, time of the test, etc...

What do I do??
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2009, 07:42 PM

It very well could be from perimenopause. Sometimes feeling scattered, unable to concentrate, more irritable, trouble sleeping, etc. can all be part of it.
    Taking care of yourself is key... eating well, getting enough sleep (can be difficult to come by), regular exercise, setting aside some quiet time, etc.. There are a number of herbal supplements that work for some women that are usually fine as long as you do not have any medical concerns regarding hormonal products. Ask your doctor about those options if you feel you need something more.
    phoenix5458 Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Dec 14, 2009, 10:36 PM

I am in full-blown menopause and having the same symptoms and worse. I've also acquired a nasty temper. Started throwing things, hitting - being an and out of control. Don't have any answers yet.
    MrEasy Posts: 112, Reputation: 17

Dec 15, 2009, 05:34 PM

What happens in peri and full blown menopause is the imbalance between estrogen and progesterone. While estrogen levels do fall, the progesterone level drops at a much faster rate throwing off the proper ratio. A natural help for both peri and full menopause is to use natural progesterone cream. You can contact the customer service at Heartland Natural and they can help advise you on what to do. Here's the link to their flagship product that's helped others through the same thing you're Uber Balance and Essential Body Cream.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

Do I tell her how I feel? The crazy "exes ex is suicidal" thing is ending. [ 2 Answers ]

So, Some of you may know my story from my previous post here :"My exes ex is suicidal." Here is my last question her: Okay, So my ex girlfriends ex boyfriend is suicidal. We will call the girlfriend 'Mary' and her ex boyfriend 'John,' and myslef 'Joe.' Mary went out with John for 4 months....

Part year "foreign income" [ 1 Answers ]

I am U.S. citizen, and I earned most of my money for a U.S.-based company while I was in the U.S. from January to June 2007 (>$10,000 U.S.). From October 2007 to December 2007, I earned money in Thailand (<$2000 U.S) for a non-U.S. based company (I began working for a new company and this money...

My son just diagnosed with "diabetes 1".feel very upset [ 12 Answers ]

My 15 yr.old healthy son, was suddenly diagnosed with Diabetes 1. I have spent the past 11 days in the hospital with him, and I am feeling very overwhelmed, very shocked, sad, anxious and upset. This happened very suddenly. He was losing weight very fast, every day I noticed that he was looking...

View more questions Search