Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    5snowbunny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2006, 06:43 AM
    No reversal switch on ceiling fan
    We bought and had installed a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan item #134743 (from Lowe's.) Right now the fan spins so it's pulling air up towards the ceiling. We want to reverse the direction so it blows air down into the room. The usual reverse switch is nowhere to be found on the fan. I had an electrician look at it... he even took the housing apart and couldn't find a reverse switch. The remote that came with it has no reverse switch. The electrician said to call Harbor Breeze and ask them how to reverse it. I can't find a technical support number for them... only links where to buy their fans. How do I reverse the direction this fan is spinning?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2006, 08:45 AM
    I am surprised that the remote does not include a reverse button. Normally on fans where the remote is included, the reverse feature is on the remote. Even though it was included with the fan did you have to install the remote receiver separately?

The number to contact Harbor Breeze should be in the documentation with the fans. Otherwise, Harbor Breeze fans are made by Litex, who also makes Ellington Fans. You can try them: 800-527-1292
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2006, 08:50 AM
    I will add that, if the reverse feature is not on the remote, and is not supposed to be on the remote, then it will be hidden somewhere on the fan body. With these glass housing fans it can often be quite hard to access.

I will also add that somewhere on these forums is a solution to reverse a remote fan if you are missing the remote. Something about turning off the power, pushing the blades, and turning it on again. I've never tried it and have no idea if it will work.
    dringer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2010, 08:41 PM

IF your remote has an REV button: Some Harbor Breeze fans with remotes will reverse as follows: (1) Turn the fan on; (2) Press and hold the REV button; (3) While holding the REV button, press the LOW speed button several times slowly. The fan will change speeds with each press of the LOW button, and on one press (the fourth when I did it), will slow to a stop, then reverse.
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2010, 12:11 AM

That is not correct. If the remote has a reverse button, it should reverse with one push of the reverse button, no matter what fan speed. If it does not, that is indicative of a defective receiver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan wiring on a 3-way switch HELP! [ 17 Answers ]

I originally had two 48" fluorescent lamps in the kitchen. The ballasts have gone and I've taken this opportunity to put up a ceiling fan. I have two switches. One at each entry to the kitchen. The question is... When the original lighting was removed there were two different sets of wires,...

Installing fan and light switch for ceiling fan [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to install a switch that controls both the ceiling fan with 3 speeds and a dimmer switch all in one unit for a hunter ceiling fan. At the wall switch there is a black wire which is always hot, a red and a ground. At the ceiling, where I removed a light fixture, there is a black, red,...

Ceiling Fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

The switch chain broke off and I replaced the brokenswitch with a different switch that I saved from an old fan that was thrown away. The broken (old) switch had four wires (L - black... 1 - orange... 2 - purple... 3 - yellow). The new/ replacement has only 3 wires. I foolishly failed to mark the...

Ceiling Fan Wiring To Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new ceiling fan in a room where the switch previously controlled only an outlet and there was no power directly at the switch, only at the outlet. At the switch box I wired the two white wires together and then wired the black wires, one each, to the screws on the switch. The...

Ceiling fan switch replacement- NOTES [ 2 Answers ]

Installed the old fan from the dining room in a Bedroom. During the install, I noticed the 3 speed FAN Switch housing was cracked and broken... Everything had always run smoothly. Bought a replacement switch at WalMart, with the same engravings, part numbers, etc. But the larger plastic...

View more questions Search