Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yvan2310 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Small pimple-like bump above penis shaft.
    So I have been with my girlfriend for about 8 months and I know she's been tested, and I was tested this past July and came out clean. I don't have too much of a sexual history aside from with her, and we haven't had sex for about a month now. A few weeks ago, I noticed a small raised pimple-like bump form about 1/3" above my penis. I cast it aside thinking that it was just a pimple and it let it go. My girlfriend and I maintain a long-distant relationship and I recently went to shave down there and realized that the small pimple like bump was still there and right next to it, it seems as though another, smaller in size may be forming. I'm nervous, and am hesitant to have it checked out because I've been coined as a hypochondriac by some and over exaggerate some things.. Yet, I am also reluctant because I don't want to deal with the stigma that is attached to these potential STD's.. which I'm really hoping that it is not. I haven't been with my girlfriend intimately in over a month, and don't know if she has similar pimple-like formations. I am doubting that she does though. It doesn't hurt, and does not itch. I'm just hoping that it's nothing to worry about because I am usually very cautious and mindful of this sort of thing. Could someone shed some light on the situation?:confused:
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 4, 2007, 04:58 PM
    My guess is it is probably just a pimple, but if you are worried about it you should get it checked out. If it has been there for a few weeks like you said, then it could be something else, just go get it checked out
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 05:24 PM
    I agree that the best thing to do is to get to a doctor and have it checked out. There are also links to questions that have been similar to yours on the bottom of this page. You might want to click on them and see what the answers have been.
    carnxy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 06:07 PM
    Molluscum contagiosum (MC) is a viral infection of the skin or occasionally of the mucous membranes. It is caused by a DNA poxvirus called the molluscum contagiosum virus (MCV). MCV has no animal reservoir, infecting only humans. There are four types of MCV, MCV-1 to -4; MCV-1 is the most prevalent and MCV-2 is seen usually in adults and often sexually transmitted. This common viral disease has a higher incidence in children, sexually active adults, and those who are immunodeficient,[1] and the infection is most common in children aged one to ten years old.[2] MC can affect any area of the skin but is most common on the trunk of the body, arms, and legs. It is spread through direct contact or shared items such as clothing or towels.

The virus commonly spreads through skin-to-skin contact. This includes sexual contact or touching or scratching the bumps and then touching the skin. Handling objects that have the virus on them (fomites), such as a towel, can also result in infection. The virus can spread from one part of the body to another or to other people. The virus can be spread among children at day care or at school. Molluscum contagiosum is contagious until the bumps are gone-which, if untreated, may be up to 6 months or longer.

The time from infection to the appearance of lesions can range up to 6 months, with an average incubation period between 2 and 7 weeks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bump/Pimple on Penis [ 19 Answers ]

Hi. I am 13-years-old, and discovered yesterday that I have a pimple-like bump near the bottom of my penis. I can't really say if it is on the back or the front, because I really don't know which is which. It's not on the side facing myself, but the other side facing away. Anyway, when I found it...

Small bump on penis shaft? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. Here is my question. A few months ago I noticed a pimple like bump on the skin on the shaft of my penis. I believed it was an infected hair because I do shave down there. Over time the bump has gotten a little bigger (barely) and has turned black. It doesn't hurt at all nor does it itch. I...

Small tictac-like bump under penis [ 2 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok, I'm 28years old and I'm circumcised. I've got a small 'tic-tac' (if you know what those mints are) shaped lump under the skin underneath the penis head. Its been there for a while to be honest, I wasn't sure if...

Pimple on shaft of penis [ 1 Answers ]

I have gotten what looks to be a pimple on the shaft of my penis. It first started small with a white head but 4 or 5 days later it has gotten red inside of the pimple like it got popped but could not make its way out. It does hurt when I touch it. I have been with my girlfriend for over 2 years...

Small Bump on Penis. Scared [ 1 Answers ]

First off, I am 16 years old and a virgin, so I've ruled out any STD's. But I have this small, colorless (most of the time, I guess), painless raised area on the head of my penis. I'll just call it a small, raised spot. At first I figured it was totally benign since it has been there for a few...

View more questions Search