Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joan13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 03:14 PM
    How long does it take 25 mg of quetiapine to get out of your system
    I took 25 mg last night for sleeping. It did work, however I have been in a drugged state the entire day. I have no concentration and have slept most of the day.

How long does this drug take to get out of my system and why has it affected me this way?

I am used to medications as I am on 30mg of Cymbalta and 5mg clonezapam which I took half of last night.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 09:17 AM

You can obtain the side effects and other pertinent data for these individual drugs at:

Drugs.com | Prescription Drugs - Information, Interactions & Side Effects

It is also possible to review, in some brief form, the interactive effect of concurrent drug usage at:

Drug Interactions Checker Results - Drugs.com

I hope this helps. Without further info it's impossible to analyze this reaction although you should certainly mention it to the physician managing these prescriptions.

Jun 2, 2010, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    You can obtain the side effects and other pertinent data for these individual drugs at:

Drugs.com | Prescription Drugs - Information, Interactions & Side Effects

It is also possible to review, in some brief form, the interactive effect of concurrent drug usage at:

Drug Interactions Checker Results - Drugs.com

I hope this helps. Without further info it's impossible to analyze this reaction although you should certainly mention it to the physician managing these prescriptions.

I have already searched everything, they are talking about long term use... I was just talking about 25mg only on how long it takes to get out of your system.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 09:45 AM

Based on what you have provided I don't believe it's possible to make an drug-independent estimate. There may be an interaction involved, two drugs may be competing for the same metabolic pathway, or those factors may not be involved at all.

The awareness (affect) of the quetiapine should be past. If not you should suspect an interaction, reaction or synergism.

Your most immediate resource would be the pharmacy(ist) that filled the prescription. You can probably obtain this info by phone and there is no one better prepared to answer your questions. Due to the nature of the medication I would call them as soon as possible.

Jun 2, 2010, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Based on what you have provided I don't believe it's possible to make an drug-independent estimate. There may be an interaction involved, two drugs may be competing for the same metabolic pathway, or those factors may not be involved at all.

The awareness (affect) of the quetiapine should be past. If not you should suspect an interaction, reaction or synergism.

Your most immediate resource would be the pharmacy(ist) that filled the prescription. You can probably obtain this info by phone and there is no one better prepared to answer your questions. Due to the nature of the medication I would call them as soon as possible.
    The side effects passed last night... plus he said it was okay to take the drugs I was on.thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take long term vicodin consumption to exit your system? [ 7 Answers ]

If you have been on vicodin for a long time how long does it take to get out of your system.

How long does vicodin last in your system [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had surgery and am prescribed vicodin. I am still in pain. How long does vicodin stay in my system? After how many hours can I take another dose?

How long does hydrocodone last in your system [ 1 Answers ]

How long does hydrocodone last in your system?

How long is it in your system? [ 1 Answers ]

How long loratab and pain pill stay in your system?

View more questions Search