Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peachyt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 06:42 AM
    Lortab addiction
    How can I tell if someone I know is addicted to lortab? What signs would he/she be showing?
    CallMeBel Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Apr 6, 2009, 09:12 AM

A few questions:
    1. How often does he/she use
    2. How does he/she take the lortab (swallowing, snorting, etc)

Pain medication is very addictive. If the person cannot function normally without it, then they are addicted.
    Addict: To cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on a habit-forming substance
    Brideyf1966 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 03:29 PM
    With me I started taking the Lortab exactly as prdered. For a while it seems to be doing the jon. Ater a few weeks I noticed I needed more then when I started with it. Stated cutting them in half thinking I would take a little mmre. Before you know it I was taking them every 2-3 hours instead of every six hours. Things got worse and if I didn't have a Lortab I would start to experience great anxiety. What was I goning to do if I ran out of Lortab?? I would just about panick. Thing is it really didn't make me feel better when I was taking it. It never caused me to get hgh. Just for a little while (no more than and hour I felt as if everything in the world was OK. It just snuck up on me... went from a 5 mg toa 7.5 mg and then a 10.mg. Dr never questioned it because he knew I had severe degenerative disc disease. I was really hooked.
    Only way I could stop it was to call the pharmacy and tell them to d/c the meds. Told them I was going to self detox because I couldn't handle this. Was four days of the hardest miserable days of my life. Talking of anxiety this was 100 times worse then the anxiety of just missing a pill or being late taking one. I don't recommend anyone doing self detox. You need someone with you. I am 70 years old with CHF and COPD and I was almost hoping I would die and get it over with. Lots and prayers and the good Lord got me through it. I still have the anxiety but noting like it used be. In fact I have an appointment in the morning with mental health. Hoping they can help me get my mind on the right track.
    Everyone please be care with these drugs. Them seem like they are your friend, they are not!! GB
    recovery10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2010, 05:17 AM

This med is not something to be played with and should not be taken if not needed badly. I was hooked on lortab for two years and like most people I started by taken a prescription for a hurt leg. It was hell and I never could stop on my own and trust I think I tried fifty times. I turned into a liar and would steal to get them. I would go out of my way to get them and close friends and family I lost interest in. Some big signs are loss of reality they will always seem to have something on their mad and sometimes they will be very happy... while your on these pills your emotions are like a rollar coaster and sometimes I was very sick and that would be when I did not have them. They desp need med attention and a non medical detox. I had bot medical and non medical after my medical detox at a rehab facility I dev a prob with xanax and anything I could get after my non medical I came home a new person and I have not used in 56 days and I know that I never will. Good luck and hope this ends well for you god bless
    Kolbee98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2013, 05:04 PM
    When I was hooked on lortabs and oxycodone I needed it. Sometimes I didn't even want it. But when I didn't take it I started going through withdrawals. And it was the worse feeling you could feel sometimes. And I would take more just to ease it and make me stop throwing up. One time I snorted 6 pills in 3 hours. I stopped that day when I realized I was being stupid and could have died and overdosed. I withdrew the whole couple days throwing up constintly. You can usually tell when someone's hooked cause they start to look pailer. There look weaker and less healthy. And sometimes you will notice they can't consinstrate when they don't have there pills. They will go through anxiety and run to throw up. Its nothing good, if you want to get high, go smoke weed. Cause at least you will know you won't end up dying from it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does Lortab stay in your system [ 2 Answers ]

How long does a Lortab stay in your system?

Lortab half-life [ 4 Answers ]

how long is the half life of hydrocodone, as well as how long is it detectable in in a UA?

How do you know if someone is addicted to lortab? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey how do you know if someone is addicted to lortab? Someone I know has very chronic Back pain and weighs close to 350 lbs. He was prescribed 5 mg lortab and takes 5 of them at a time, every day? Is this too many?

Half a lortab [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 5'2 and over 100 pounds how long does HALF a lortab stay in your system

Is this lortab? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an light orange pill with the numbers 93 on one side and number 149 on the other. Any one know what it is?

View more questions Search