Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nivrahl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 08:00 PM
    Hydrocodone/Oxycodone Allergies the Same?
    I had an alergic reaction to Hydrocodone following a lumpectomy. I was then prescribed Darvocet, which did not work. Will I also be allergic to Oxycodone? Help! I'd really like to sleep tonight. :(
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 10:20 PM

If you have a sensitivity to codeine then not likely. Some prescription cough syrups contain codeine.

If you have a sensitivity to thebaine, then maybe.

If you have a sensitivity to opiods, then more likely. (maryjauna is an opioid)

Notice, I'm not saying no.

DO NOT cut or crush oxycodone. Dose is very individualized. The max dose that is fatal varies between individuals and tolerance, Respiratory depression can occur when crushed or at high doses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Codeine Vs Oxycodone [ 10 Answers ]

Which is stronger 5mg of Oxycodone or 60mg of Codeine and is it safe to take them together?

Oxycodone And Urine [ 3 Answers ]

How long does it take oxycodone to "show up" in a urine test... and does the urine test show the AMMOUT of oxycodone that one has taken ?

Codeine in oxycodone? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm allergic to codeine, and have the pain killer oxycodone. Is there codeine in oxycodone?

Oxycodone addiction [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, can ANYONE please tell me if there is an easier way to deal with the withdrawals from this crap?? I have a bone disease with spinal cord compression that causes a lot of pain and I will be on these pills for the rest of my life so every month or so I try to ween myself off to a lesser amount,...

Codiene and Oxycodone [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to use codiene in my couch syrup. Because I got a script for Tylox and have been scared to take them together or separate either. Could you please tell me if it is safe because I need both medications. I am just scared of medicine but I have just gotten over...

View more questions Search