Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zbzoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Zoloft and pregnancy
    Is there anyone out there who has been on zoloft there entire pregnancy? Did everything turn out okay? My doctor has told me that zoloft is safe during pregnancy, though I research online and find out many conflicting things, some say its harmless others say it can cause problems. My husband and I are thinking about starting a family and I take zoloft and I'm not sure I could handle the pregnancy without it, so if there is anyone out there who has a similar experience to share, please shed some light!
    Thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2008, 12:43 PM
    The pharmacy where you fill the prescription would have the most accurate answers.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2008, 01:02 PM
    There just isn't enough research done on Zoloft during pregnancy, which is why doctors are telling you that there is a risk. With any drugs, there's a risk. This in mind, talking to your doctor would be best to find out if there's an alternative drug or if you can get a lower dose during your pregnancy.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zbzoe
    Is there anyone out there who has been on zoloft there entire pregnancy? Did everything turn out okay? My doctor has told me that zoloft is safe during pregnancy, though I research online and find out many conflicting things, some say its harmless others say it can cause problems. My husband and I are thinking about starting a family and I take zoloft and im not sure i could handle the pregnancy without it,, so if there is anyone out there who has a similar experience to share, please shed some light!
    Thanks
    Zoloft tends to be one of the more commonly used meds suggested if needed during pregnancy. There have been some studies done, with varying results, but the consensus tends to be if the medication is truly necessary, the benefits can outweigh the potential risks. Certainly talk to your doctor about it, they may prefer another med instead... and you can also determine what is the smallest dosage you would require. As an added precaution, you might also inquire about alternatives to meds to try... depending on the need and response, some can be just as effective without the concern of any risk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Risks to pregnancy while taking Zoloft [ 10 Answers ]

What are risks to developing fetus while on Zoloft? Would like to hear from anyone who has had experience of a pregnancy and if your child has had any repercussions.

Zoloft... Pregnancy... [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know if taking Zoloft is bad if I am trying to become pregnant? I have done some research but I haven't got an actual answer! And when I don't take my medicine I usually get panic attacks because that what it is for! Im just worried that it will affect my attempt of becoming pregnant.....

Can Zoloft really cause Glaucoma in teens? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I´m a teen I take zoloft, can this cause Glaucoma? Will I go blind? Please help I´m scared!

Ritalin LA-Zoloft combo [ 1 Answers ]

Is it safe to take Ritalin LA & Zoloft together?

View more questions Search