Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suebeehoney73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 05:04 AM
    What are the differences between Metopropol and Metoprolol succ er
    I have always taken the first one and now for some reason was given the last one by my pharmacy (mistakenly?? ), and I swear it makes me feel different , and actually makes me feel like it elevates my blood pressure.:confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 05:12 AM
    This is a question you should be asking your pharmacist. High blood pressure is deadly and one of the reasons they call it 'the silent killer' is because there are no physical symptoms that you have it. What symptom are you having that you 'feel' your blood pressure is elevated ?
    neverenoughmoney Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Feb 9, 2008, 12:28 AM
    Yes you need to ask you pharmacist and even call your dr to make sure they called in the right drug etc Metoprolol Succ ER is a extended release pill which it will cont releasing that med through out the day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Metoprolol Succinate vs Metoprolol Tartrate [ 1 Answers ]

Are these medications the same?

Metoprolol Succinate ER vs Metoprolol Tartrate [ 2 Answers ]

My family has a prescription for Toprol, both have the same milligrams. One prescription bottle has the generic Metoprolol Succinate ER and one has the generic Metoprolol Tartrate. Is there a difference and if so what is it?

Metoprolol Succinate ER and Metoprolol Tartrate [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between metoprolol succ ER metoprolol tartrate?

Metoprolol succ er 25 [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently (2 days ago) had a Catheterization, everything was normal, good strong heart and wide open arteries. The reason for this procedure was during my yearly stress test I could only walk 3 miutes on the treadmill before coming breathless. My doctor has prescribed the above since...

View more questions Search