Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassybanshee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Need to know name of a medicine
    I found some old pills that are 2 different shades of brown. It is a capsule and on one half it has a square with the letter M in it and under that it has 5mg, then on the other half it has the numbers 0554. What are these? I forgot what I had them for.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2007, 03:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassybanshee
    I found some old pills that are 2 different shades of brown. it is a capsule and on one half it has a square with the letter M in it and under that it has 5mg, then on the other half it has the numbers 0554. what are these? i forgot what i had them for.
    If you found these old pills and you can't remember what you had them for, then how can you be sure that they were prescribed to you? If you have the original container for them, it should have the name of the pills on the container.

People trying to give answers as far as the identification of pills on this site is a very risky thing for anyone here to undertake. The risk of being incorrect in the identification of any type of medication without being a pharmacist and also not being able to see the pills first hand presents a tremendous potential for risk to the person asking and also for the person who answers.

I really would like to help you. But, ethically, I don't think that would be a wise choice on my part. What if someone here finds a pill that looks exactly like the pills that you describe, and then types or copies and pastes the incorrect information about the pills in an answer? What if the pill you found is actually a counterfeit pill and made to look exactly like some other pill?

I would suggest checking out the information that you might find on the following site or take them to a pharmacist for proper identification and proper disposal. The site below is good, but not foolproof. But, to be sure, I would take them to a pharmacist. Anyone answering you here runs the risk of the ramifications if they answer and are incorrect no matter what you say the reason or reasons are as to why you are asking.

Below, is the site to which I am referring:

Pill Identifier - Drugs.com

I don't know what the pills are. I don't know you and you don't know me. I could say the pills were something that they are not. What might happen next? What if the information you have been given here is incorrect? Maybe the pills are something harmless? I don't know. What if you decided to believe what I said is true and then you take the pills and something bad happens to you because you have taken them when I have said that they are something harmless? What if I was really wrong and the pills could turn out to be something deadly to you if you took them, or you said that you asked an "expert" on this online site who said that they were really sure of what the pills were and that you should not worry about going any further with trying to identify the pills? There are people who answer that way on this site. Please see information about that on the following link if you have any doubt as to people actually acting like theirs is the last word on the identification of a pill or pills.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medicat...ll-144678.html

Reliable pharmacists are usually very easy to find around where you live, and can visit with you and see the pills first hand.

I'm not a pharmacist and I'm not going to pretend that I'm some sort of expert at identifying pills. So, unless someone is a pharmacist here and has actually seen the pills that you have found and is truly sure of the reason or reasons as to why you are asking, even though they are trying to be kind and think that they are answering in your best interests, it is not in your best interests or in the best interests of any person here who thinks that they have the correct answer for you because of the possible ramifications when being incorrect when giving out such information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use of medicine [ 1 Answers ]

Why Nextico 5 is used

Regarding a medicine [ 1 Answers ]

Is a medicine d-cold sold in india a banned drug

Different medicine [ 10 Answers ]

My drugstore gave me metoprolol succ er for my regular prescription of toprol xl - the pills are different shape - and I am not sure they are the same? Are they?

Medicine [ 3 Answers ]

I take Niastan for chlorestral. My favorite adult beveridge is vodka and grapefruit. I have just heard this combination can have a deleterious effect on my liver. I am talking only about 4-6 drinks weekly. Thanks. Ed

Medicine [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if its OK to take Hydroxycut with my blood pressure pill Avalide? Thank you :confused:

View more questions Search