Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    e_k_e_f Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Weight loss
    I am currently using EcoSlim-slimming drops (an all natural, herbal liquid that helps boost your metabolism healthily) and they are working great!
    I have lost a healthy amount of weight since using them (which has only been 3 weeks)

I was just wondering...
    If I stop using them, will it slow down my metabolism again? Therefore putting the weight back on?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated :)
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Losing weight is a conscious effort to change your life if

You give up on losing weight you may do like many others

And gain more weight... Do you want to be fat?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 12:09 AM
    Sustainable weight loss comes from sustainable life changes.

This can be as simple as eating smaller portions and getting a little more exercise. It can be that simple... but don't think for one minute that anything is free..

Especially as you age. Something terrible happened to my metabolism at 28 and then again at 32... have to work a lot harder now just to "tread water".

If the drops have helped, great. Just try to incorporate a few little lifestyle changes to keep your metabolism fired.

Exercise is really the big thing. Portion control and thoughful eating goes hand in hand... but the workout is the best way to ensure your metab stays fired up.
    e_k_e_f Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2008, 03:28 AM
    I am bot exactly fat atall, I'm 170cm tall and weigh 50 kilos.
    I hardly have the time to exercise but I definitely eat very healthy, 3 to 4 times per day and drink green tea.

I don't think I'm fat, I'm just not as thin as I would to be.

Does anyone have any exercise tips on how to get rid of the lower belly bump?
    I do sit ups and leg raises and they only help a little.

kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 07:53 AM
    A few questions... how old roughly and have you been pregnant, if you are female? What keeps you from excercising?

Well... if you are looking to shape that problem area it can be tough... area specific exercise (like situps for waist) isn't good for general fat reduction if your are overweight, but can make a difference in your case, where you are generally fit but working on a problem area.

Green tea's polyphenols are supposed to bump metab a little, like caffeine, but for the most part food isn't going to address your metab... which was your original question...

Two things...

First, we all have time to exercise. Its not always convenient, but if it's a priority, we get it done.

Waking up at 5am to workout isn't pretty. Isn't fun. Its doable. And if you are talking about amping your metabolism for real and keeping it up, there's nothing better. Period.

Not to mention as you age, you lose muscle. And as you lose muscle, your metabolism drops. Ugly cycle. Weight training is a recommended part of an exercise routine, as it increases your resting metabolism.

Your body doesn't want extra muscle weight. Its takes more to maintain that extra muscle. So by forcing your body to have that muscle you are forcing it do use resources to upkeep... meaning an amped metabolism.

Also working out in the AM has two benefits... people who do this generally stick to the program better... there's not putting it off until lunch, then after work, etc... and also there's evidence that a person who works out early in the day benefits from a longer metabolism boost throughout the day.

One article said a 20 minute workout in the am can be like an hour long workout in the evening since the amped metab will help you cut through breakfast and lunch better. I don't know if that's true in term of minute versus minute, and I don't have the article... but I have seen reputable sources cite the extended boost by AM workouts.

When you do situps are you just lifting your torso or are you squeezing your abs hard? The leg lifts will hit your lower abs better than the situps... different angles and varying resistance can help, not to mention, again, squeezing that muscle... not just lifting a limb.

Are you doing just the same excercises over and over? Better to mix it up a little... keep the body guessing. Likewise, different angles can help. Leg lifts with a cheap incline board can really make you know you are working hard...

So... age? Pregnant before? What's your routine... w times/reps/etc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is anthony I'm trying to loss weight I work out a lot and walk a lot and I'ts working I take norvasc 5mg and sertraline hcl 50mg want diet pill can I take to help me with my weight lose?:confused: :confused

I want to loss weight [ 1 Answers ]

I want to losse weight but I want to build a six pack how can I do it?

Loss weight [ 2 Answers ]

Hai this is roshan here... I am 18 yrs of age. I am 6 ft tall and weigh 84 kgs which I think I am more than what I should be. Everyone says that I look perfect with this structure butiam not atisfied because I was a fellow wearing low waist but now I coulnt. Tell me a solution 2 loss at least 10...

How do I loss more of my weight? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm 14 and I'm like 218 pounds and I like this guy but he doesn't see me they way I want he only goes for my friends that are really skiny and I want to know how to loos my leg, belly, back, and arm fat Will someone hepl me...

Weight Loss [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in this bet to see who can loose the most weight the fastest... and I really need help on finding the fastest way to loose a lot more weigth than the other people! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

View more questions Search