Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Priceless1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Metoprolol differences
    Wife's aunt has been taking Metoprolol 25 mg ER Tablet ETHE and when Dr. was asked to call in a prescription renewal the medication she received from the pharmacy was Metoprolol Tartrate 25 mg Tablets. The pills are dramatically different in size from one another and we were concerned that maybe the newer pill (second one listed above and didn'g know if it was safe for her to be changing the medications?:confused::eek::cool:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 06:41 PM
    It's safe, it's primarily the pharmaceutical companies who have the name changes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between metoprolol tasan and metoprolol taeth? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been taking "metoprolol succ er 25mg tasan" for about a year. I just picked up a refill and it is a much larger tablet, and the label reads "metoprolol succ er 25mg taeth." I would like to know the difference between the "tasan" and the "taeth." I am having trouble finding either of those on...

Metoprolol Succinate vs Metoprolol Tartrate [ 1 Answers ]

Are these medications the same?

Metoprolol 25 compared metoprolol succ er 25 [ 3 Answers ]

I have two prescriptions: metoprolol tartarate 25 mg and metoprolol succ er 25 mg. Does anyone know what the effective difference is? :confused: Can one replace the other? Or be used instead of the other? Thanks! :)

Metoprolol Succinate ER and Metoprolol Tartrate [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between metoprolol succ ER metoprolol tartrate?

What are the differences between Metopropol and Metoprolol succ er [ 2 Answers ]

I have always taken the first one and now for some reason was given the last one by my pharmacy (mistakenly?? ), and I swear it makes me feel different , and actually makes me feel like it elevates my blood pressure.:confused:

View more questions Search