Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marzajic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 12:09 AM
    Blood pressure taken with cuff to small (2) Now have severe pain in upper left arm
    Blood pressure was taken with cuff to small, then repeated. Ever since I have had severe pain in left arm now seeming to radiate into lower arm. Its been 3 weeks.Used elastic bandages for first week then told to use heating pad. Motrin is not easing pain and I can't lift arm any longer.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 17, 2012, 07:27 AM
    I would look at seeing a doctor or maybe even the ER. That is serious. I am hesitant though to link the blood pressure cuff with what is happening with your arm.

Regardless you need someone with professional training to look at it and quickly. If you're getting nerve damage, you need to fix it quickly.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 17, 2012, 09:30 AM
    Cuffs are definitely made in different sizes. OP has a valid concern and should follow up any pertinent discomfort.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 18, 2012, 08:53 AM
    Oh I know they come in many different sizes. Considering the placement of the nerves in the arm and how the blood pressure cuff works with the stethoscope, it just seemed odd that this would occur. More improbable than anything. I agree though that the cuff could be the cause.

Regardless of whether that is the cause he should, as I said, see a doctor because there is nerve damage occurring and it needs to dealt with by a medical professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severe pain in upper center of abdomen! [ 0 Answers ]

Hey! Im 18 years old and Ive been having these severe pains in my upper abdomen, but in the center for about a month and a half now. I went to my primary doctor about three times. The first time he said I might be backed up, and so he gave me meds for it and that hadn't worked. So then I went again...

How to properly place a wrist blood pressure cuff [ 3 Answers ]

I recently bought a wrist blood pressure cuff so that I could monitor my own blood pressure. Since it was manufactured in Hong Kong, the instructions are not too clear! I am not certain where, exactly, the cuff should be place before inflating it. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You!

4yr. Old boy has severe pain on upper right side of body and vomiting [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 yr. old boy has had boils off and on for about 2 yrs. As well as bleferitis, exzema, and allergies to wheat, eggs, nuts, and possible outdoor allergies as well. The past 4 days he has about 4 boils on his head and more disturbing, he seems to hurt all over and cries out in pain if touched or...

Severe pain in upper legs/hips! [ 1 Answers ]

For about 2 weeks now I have been having severe pain in my upper legs (where they connect to my hips I'm assuming). I feel the pain on the outsides of both of my legs. The pain is dull and achy when I'm awake and moving around but as soon as I fall asleep the pain becomes very intense. I'm only...

Severe pain in groin and upper thigh [ 2 Answers ]

I have had severe pain for over 3 weeks. It is located on the inside of my right leg. In the past 2 weeks, I have been having severe upper right leg. It hurts to work or do anything pertaining to work in the house. Could you please help me? >Moved from Forum Help<

View more questions Search