Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    737fpm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Should I by this upset
    I wanted to buy my wife something sexy for valentines day, She know I think sexy high heels shoes look good on her feet, when she open the gifts all she did was complain about the backing and I didn’t listen to her about them. But she said but what I like. I’m so mad hurt or what ever about the whole event. I don’t want to see the clothes or shoes. Am I wrong and taking this to personally?
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 16, 2010, 12:19 PM

I wouldn't take it to personally, go out and buy her some nice roses that say I am sorry! Happy v-day!
    And now we know not to buy your wife clothes or shoes unless she picks them out.
    Maybe buying her the I am sorry flowers, will get her to dress sexy for you ;)
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 12:30 PM

I'm sorry I don't understand what she was complaining about? And then she said what she did like?

Just a little clarification
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 16, 2010, 12:36 PM

I think he is saying, that he gave her a gift that he likes, not what she likes..
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 12:42 PM

I don't buy clothes for my fiancé strictly for this reason. I'll stick to flowers, doing more things around the house and generally giving her peace and quiet when she wants it.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 12:46 PM

Don't take it personally. I really stay away from buying shoes and clothes for my wife. It is flowers and an all expenses paid day to her favorite spa.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 12:49 PM

Well as a woman I think it was a really nice gift. But sure what do I know, I got nothing for V day... well I think it's a manufacturer's holiday anyway! ;)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 06:48 PM

Clothing and shoes are very difficult to buy for another person. Comfort and fit are unique to each individual. Sizes don't stay constant between styles. Shoes especially have the problem of needing to be tried on to find the correct fit.

Plus it sounds like it was a 'gift' for you not her. YOU wanted to get her something that YOU find 'sexy'. When giving a gift it is extremely important to take the feelings of the person receiving the gift into consideration. It took several years together before my husband figured out that I don't care for jewelry or clothing. I much prefer a book or a small stuffed animal.

I think you both need to sit down and discuss what happened. Talk about how you feel and listen to her when she tells you how she feels. DO NOT get defensive or augmentative. DO be honest.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 10:56 PM
    I think that she behaved very badly.

If she had reacted to this gift from anybody else the same way, people would see her as ungrateful, rude, and boorish.

That you went to the trouble to please her, and surprised her with a gift, should have provoked at least a thank you. Even if she exchanged the shoes herself, or kindly told you later on that they were unsuitable and hurt her feet.

If it were me, next time I'd give her a gift certificate to the attitude adjustment store.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 03:39 PM
    I understand that you're upset. I would be too!

You went to all that trouble to buy her something and all she did was complain.

Perhaps when you simmer down a bit you can explain why you're mad.

Anyway, perhaps you can both go back to where you bought the gifts and exchange them together?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm so upset. [ 17 Answers ]

I know he loves me. But he goes from being really close and loving me to being totally distance? I want to know why he would love me one minute then not the next then go back to loving me? I'm so upset. Ok. We have been in a long distance relationship for 6 years. . We told each other we...

I am upset [ 2 Answers ]

I just found out that I was pregnant and I went to the doctors office and they did a blood test but they told me I have to come back to retest cuse my hcg is low I don't know what that mean could that mean something is wrong with my baby I am scared me and my husband been playing this pregnancy...

Do I have a right to be upset? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married in May. My sister, is her godmother and her daughter is a junior bridesmaid who is 13 going on 14 and is in the wedding. My sister lives about an 8 hour drive from me. I told her a year in advance that I would be having a shower for my daughter the day before...

I'm upset! [ 17 Answers ]

This is probably going to seem to you like I am over reacting. I probably am but I can't help feelig like I do. I just rung my boyfriend to say that I would be round to see him tonight. He said he couldn't be bothered to see me as I am seeing him tommorw. He said he needs an early night even...

Everybody upset at me... [ 4 Answers ]

I tried to live by my own but I couldn't wasn't ready for. Now I am. Anyway. I lived for three month by myself. The people there were my friends. So I bonded more with them and I enjoyed freedom... so now sometimes on sundays I don't go to granmas or at saturdays I skip some casual joinnings with...

View more questions Search