Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Osenna66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Dug myself into a deep hole and don't know what to do!
    I've been an undergraduate student at McGill University for the past year and a half. I am in the Anatomy and Cell Biology Prgm in the Faculty of Science. My first term, I failed one course and did poorly on all the others. My GPA was about 1.90, which meant I was on Academic Probation. My second term I was part-time yet did not manage to get my GPA up, therefore I was up for review. During the summer, I re-took the course I had failed and got a B. My GPA was now a little above a 2.0 which meant I could continue at McGill the upcoming year (aka Fall term 2008).

So, this past term I was once again full time. I thought I had learnt my lesson (nearly getting expelled and all)... but, I am a fool and managed somehow to do worse than ever before. My GPA is now somewhere around a 1.3!

I don't know where to go from here! Ideally I would be put on probation again and get As in all my courses for the upcoming semester (Winter Term 2009), hopefully getting my GPA back up to a satisfactory level... However, I don't know how McGill will proceed (I've tried to make an appointment with my advisor, but no aswer from her yet). Will they kick me out? Or (don't know if universities even do this... I've heard rumors) will they make me take an obligatory year off before returning??

Please help! I really don't know what to do!

Osenna
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 04:18 PM

Pick up your socks, Osenna. You are going to one of the best Universities in Canada. You should feel privileged. Do your utmost, girl, and get through it.

And yes, they do kick students out who don't come up to snuff, then you will have a hard time registering into another one to get what you want!

Are your parents paying tuition ? If so, then that would be a good incentive to get through. You certainly couldn't pay for tuition, course materials, etc. lodging, even with a part time job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny, deep hole in my leg, size of a pore with black in it that doesn't come out. [ 2 Answers ]

Ive had this thing on my leg for at least 6 months or more. I can't remember anything happening where it is, so it isn't a result of picking or anything. It's not a black head. It doesn't raise above my skin, it's flat and pretty much just looks like a pencil mark at first. But it's a hole. I've...

Deep Deep Depths [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the approximate depth of the deepest point in the ocean? Any ocean, the deepest one obviously hahaha Thanks

Is a dirt sump pump hole safe, rather than a concrete hole? [ 3 Answers ]

We moved into our house in May and have been doing lots of updating. One thing has been bothering me, because I don't know any better... Our sump pump sits in a dirt hole about 3 feet in diameter under the concrete floor. Is this safe? Is this really dirty? I have noticed more bugs in this...

Deep web [ 5 Answers ]

Hi does any one know ow I can get onto the deep web of an ordinary computer?

Deep cut [ 1 Answers ]

One week ago I cut the crap out of my index finger,had 2 get stitches,7 days past then I took out the stitches,I think that I should have waited longer to take them out, now I have almost a sharp throbbing pain should I go back 2 th er?

View more questions Search