Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffani13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Serious Pain In My Right Side
    I have not felt well since around Christmas. It started with pain at the top right handed part of my stomach. I assumed that maybe I had gallstones? I went to the doctor on Jan 2 and was sent for an ultrasound and some bloodwork. Everything came back fine. That night I went to the emergency room because the pain was so bad. That doctor gave me something for pain and Protonix for my stomach thinking maybe I had an ulcer. The protonix never made me feel better and on Jan 4 I had a CT Scan with Contrast done. That came back fine except for a cyst on my kidney which was nothing major. On Jan 6 the doctor's office called and said I had tested positive for H Pylori. They gave me a PrevPac to take for two weeks, case closed. I never did feel well, but thought it was all the medicine. I finished that medicine on Jan 19. I started feeling bad again on Jan 21. I'm afraid the doctor treated something that I had, but wasn't a problem. The pain begins in the top part of my stomach, goes over to my right side and down to about my hip. I am very tender and I can't sleep on that side or on my stomach. I feel sick to my stomach, dizzy, headache, and I have constant pain. I have seen another doctor on Jan 24 and she referred me to a gastro doctor and gave me Nexium which so far I can't tell has helped me either. I can't see the gastro doctor until mid Feb and I can't sit like this that long. What can I do? Has anyone had the same problem? I keep hitting a wall with everything and I know something is not right. I'm miserable! Help? :(
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jan 25, 2006, 09:57 AM
    I have not had this problem before but if you call the gastro doctor every morning and every evening right after they open and again before they close and ask them if there has been any cancellation you will get in sooner, just call them, I have done this with my daughter calling some doctors as much as three times a day. I wish I could have been more help to you than this
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Kidney
    As a younger man, I found that I had a growth on my kidney, not what you had but believe me, I could not walk at times, I was doubled over in pain, it felt like a knife cutting me from front to back.

So the kidneys can cause you great unbearable pain, from first hand knowledge.

Now this does not solve your problem or issue. The doctors have not found or have not found a way to relieve your pain. I see little choice but return to the doctors and perhaps see if they believe a speicalist in this area may not be best.

If you don't keep follwing up and finding out, who will.

Good luck
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Jan 25, 2006, 10:33 AM
    Harrass them!
    I spent a while working in hospitals as a secretary some years ago, and learned some invaluable advice:
    HARRASS THE STAFF!!
    (as pleasantly as possible, mind. But do call. And call back. And call again.)
    I was working for a public health service, where it was free and consequently there are long waiting lists. However, the people who were causing the politest nuisances of themselves were constantly moved up the queue and dealt with, to "get them out of the way".
    Be vocal, be heard, have manners, but don't give up. It's your health and you deserve not to be in pain. Hope it all goes well!
    BecksR4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Whoa - your question was the reason I joined this forum. I have had the same pain for 3 years now and it has gotten substantially worse. Did you ever get diagnosed? If so, can you please let me know what they found out if anything? I have been to a gastroendologist, I have gotten ct scans with contrast, ultrasounds, you name it. My pain is on the right side, in the same area and I also have a cyst on my right kidney. Please let me know what your doctors say and I can share what mine say with you. I know what you're going through!
    tiffani13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BecksR4
    Whoa - your question was the reason I joined this forum. I have had the exact same pain for 3 years now and it has gotten substantially worse. Did you ever get diagnosed? If so, can you please let me know what they found out if anything? I have been to a gastroendologist, I have gotten ct scans with contrast, ultrasounds, you name it. My pain is on the right side, in the same area and I also have a cyst on my right kidney. Please let me know what your doctors say and I can share what mine say with you. I know what you're going through!

Yes I am better now. I kept on to the DR until he took my gall bladder out. Come to find out the tests never showed anything, but that was the problem. I had sludge in my gall bladder and it was a good thing that they took it out. I hope you feel better soon.
    Billie707 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 11:05 AM
    Yep. Definitely sounds like gall bladder problem. All your symptoms sound just like it. HAVE IT REMOVED!!
    aimeiler24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 11:27 PM
    I have a very very bad pain in the same area... and had my gallbladder removed already it just keeps getting worse

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in right side of back,hip [ 8 Answers ]

I have been experiencing a dull pain in my right side for the last two days, and it doesn't go away, even when I lay down... could this be a sign of appendicitis? I am getting an MRI done tomorrow for my lower and middle lumbar... will this detect that if that is what it is? Any answers?

Stabbing Right Side Back Pain [ 4 Answers ]

I have been to the ER twice last week with severe stabbing pain on my right side / back. I had an ultra sound of the kidneys / gall bladder / liver / spleen. also a CT scan of the chest & a thorasic spine X-ray. All came up negative except for the spine Xray: result was slight arthritus of the...

Fairly new Maytag side-by-side MSD2657HSE not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is a 18month old side-by-side Maytag MSG2657HSE refrigerator. The freezer half works perfectly, but the refrigerator half has stopped cooling. Also just 2 days before this happened the following was noticied by my wife - During the day time she noticed that water was seeping out from the...

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Kenmore side by side Fridge icemaker model 106.9557651 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with my ice maker over filling? I replaced solenoid still havinbg problem.

View more questions Search