Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Metoknow Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 10:42 AM
    Chances of passing ETG 100 cutoff, 70 hrs after 3 pints of ale & 2 glass champagne
    After a very long time, I broke down and drank 3 pints of ale (higher alcohol than reg beer) and two maybe 3 smaller flutes of champagne, about 70 hours before the EtG test (which has cutoff of 100 I think). I drank a bottle of stuff for cleansing / diluting which puts creatine and color back into sample but I didn't take it with enough time and I ended up really having to squeeze a sample out... prob more info than needed but what do you think my chances are of passing?

Jul 12, 2012, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Metoknow View Post
    after a very long time, I broke down and drank 3 pints of ale (higher alcohol than reg beer) and two maybe 3 smaller flutes of champagne, about 70 hours before the etg test (which has cutoff of 100 i think). I drank a bottle of stuff for cleansing / diluting which puts creatine and color back into sample but I didnt take it with enough time and i ended up really having to squeeze a sample out... prob more info than needed but what do you think my chances are of passing?
    By the way I am 6'1" 230 lbs mid 40s I was moderately active during the 70 hr period walking around the town I was visiting.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2012, 02:15 PM
    Ale has a variable EtOH content (range 3.8-8.5). Do you have any idea of the brand?

Not concerned with activity as at your size and weight your BAC remained low. Just need to figure how much alcohol you processed through your system.

Not familiar with the various detoxing agents. Does it claim to work with EtG?

Jul 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
    The Ale was Manny's Pale Ale it has about 5.5% The detox stuff was called eclipse I think (they just claim to be a detox and don't really let on that it is for drugs or alcohol) but I think what it mainly does is help dilute by adding back creatine and V B for color. I drank it only maybe 30 min before test with about 22 oz water, I then urinated but when time to test I didn't really have to go and so had to really try hard to give a sample (so I am afraid that might have been some concentrated urine). But it was about 70 hours since my last drink.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
    At the amount of alcohol you consumed (.81 g/kg) there was little chance of EtG detection at 70 hours. Just hope that the detox didn't contain anything that will show as adulterant. Wouldn't think so.

What was the time span of your actual drinking. First drink to last.

Jul 12, 2012, 03:22 PM
    I think I started about 6 or 7pm with a meal, had three pints of the ale and then took a bottle of champagne up to the room and I drank about half maybe less of the bottle, I think about 3 flutes... my girlfriend had the rest of it... We were done drinking by about 11 or 12

But since the test is the most sensitive cutoff of 100 I think, that worries me...
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2012, 04:00 PM
    Better yet. Food delays gastric emptying holding alcohol in your stomach where part of it is metabolized by Alcohol Dehydrogenase (ADH), never makes it to the liver where EtG is synthesized. Food also increases blood flow to the liver so as alcohol arrives it is processed faster and more efficiently at Phase I metabolism thus reducing Phase II where EtG is created. Doubt that you needed that extra margin but it helps.

There shouldn't be any EtG in your system so the sensitivity of the instrument is irrelevant.

Jul 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
    Well thank you Dr Bill,
    I hope you are correct because I have been in an 18 month drug court program for DUI and have abstained from drinking for 16 months now, ( just broke down in a very romantic place with very beautiful woman) and relapsed. If caught I would have to do a weekend in jail, do like 90 aa meetings in 90 days, get a sponsor and work the 12 steps but most of all it would extend my Drug Court by an extra 6 months. I have beat myself up enough, the stress isn't worth it for sure and I will do my best to refrain from relapsing again.

I will let you know the results to advance knowledge on the subject.

Thanks

Jul 18, 2012, 10:02 AM
    So, I had my meeting with the drug court, it had been 7 days since I tested and they didn't say anything. This means results aren't back yet or I passed the EtG but I did find out they also do an ETS test. Does an ETS change any of the discussion above? i.e. what if my orig question had been asking if I would pas and ETS test?
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2012, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Metoknow View Post
    So, I had my meeting with the drug court, it had been 7 days since I tested and they didnt say anything. This means results arent back yet or I passed the etg but I did find out they also do an ETS test. Does an ETS change any of the discussion above? ie what if my orig question had been asking if I would pas and ETS test?
    EtS (Ethyl Sulfate) as a second screened metabolite is pretty standard through most labs. The elimination time line is the same as EtG. Concurrent detection of EtG/EtS adds nothing to the testing procedure as both metabolites are also created concurrently during alcohol metabolism. Doesn't change any of the foregoing.

They have one further commonality, neither EtG or EtS has gained FDA approval.
    Robert206 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 12:05 PM
    I drank Friday night and Saturday throughout the day. Last drink was at 10pm on Saturday. I took a ETG test on Wednesday at 8pm. Will I pass?

Jul 18, 2012, 09:59 PM
    Thanks Doc! How did you come to be so wise in the ways of science ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How good are chances of passing ETG test? [ 19 Answers ]

I drank 7-9 beers and 4 shots of rum on Thursday evening, still had a bac of .026 on Friday at 10am, blew .000 at noon and tested at 8:40 am on Monday which gives me 68-69 hours between no bac and test. What are my chances passing an ETG test? 6'2 237 lbs male. I also did an 45 minutes of treadmill...

What does it mean for EtG tests for the cutoff to be either 100 or 500? [ 4 Answers ]

What does it mean for the ETG cut offs? Does the 500 cut off mean they can go back further or test harder?

ETG testing... will I pass? (I think they use 100 cutoff.. Though) [ 1 Answers ]

I drank about 8 drinks Sat pm/Sun am... stopping at 4 am. Had half a bloody mary Sunday at 3. I tested at 8:42 on Friday am. (120 hours after last drink of group... about 113 hours after half of a typical size bloody mary)I am female, 125 lbs, 5' 8'' and high metabolism. I drink plenty of coffee...

12 beers 72 hours later ETG Test Cutoff 500 Ethyl glucurinide 250 Ethyl Sulfate 100 [ 1 Answers ]

If a 240 lb well muscled male drank 12 beers, was tested 72hours later who drank lots of fluids and was tested at the following levels what are chances of positive results? ETG level 500

View more questions Search