Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CampyJ Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 08:57 AM
    How long does ethanol stay in urine?
    I went out Friday night and had about 9 beers and 4 shots, home by 2am. The following Monday, around 9am at court, I had to take a drug test which also tested for ethanol. Will there still be ethanol in my urine?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2011, 10:12 AM

There should't be any ethanol in your system at that time span. Even considering the 13 drinks were consumed within a one hour period clearance would be 19.5 hrs (approx. ave) from last drink. In actuality the clearance time is probably closer to 15 hr.

This assumes you did not provide the first urine of the day.

Jan 24, 2011, 11:43 AM
    Comment on DrBill100's post
    It was not the first of the day... But not very clear. Still considering it was over 50 hours, will I be OK?
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2011, 11:56 AM

There should be no problem at that time interval, 50 hours.

I was just going over some calculations on BAC/Elimination. If you will provide your gender, weight, height, age and the approximate time from when you started drinking until your last drink, I will give you an even closer estimate as to elimination time.

Jan 24, 2011, 11:59 AM
    I'm a 32 yo male, 200 lbs, 6' 3"... I was drinking from 8pm till 2am.
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2011, 12:19 PM

At the conclusion of drinking (following last drink at 2am), your Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) should have been in the range of .1417. Let's up that to .15. Your elimination rate, on average, ranges from .016-.018. As a precaution let's reduce that to .014.

Your system should have been ethanol free at slightly less than 11 hours. Of course that part of the ethanol eliminated in urine remains in the bladder until emptied. Thus my mention of first urine, above.

That is still an estimate but based on your size, weight and rate of consumption is a pretty good approximation erring on the side of over estimate.

Jan 24, 2011, 02:23 PM
    Thank you for your response. I wasn't aware that I was not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages until after the urine test. I'm still kind of paranoid... Thank you for your time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 04:18 PM

You should pass the test, the "being OK" is another issue, it sounds like you are already in court over some issue involving drinking and you were out before court drinking.

Perhaps time to consider AA
    subbaiah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2011, 05:08 PM
    How long does beer stay in an EtG. Say I drank a few Monday, will it show up on Thursday?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long stay in urine [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know how long methodone stays in urine if there is no build up and you have to take a drug test 4 days later?

How long does alcohol stay in your urine? [ 2 Answers ]

If I drank 10 beers a night for three days in a row, and had a urine test for my dui conviction 100 hours later will I pass

How long can ethanol be detected in urine [ 1 Answers ]

On Sunday night I drank 2 vodka drinks and 3 beers. This was between 8pm-12am. I had a urine today (tuesday) at 6:30am and it is a 12 panel test that tests for ethanol. Will it have been out of my system?

How long does hydrocodone stay in the urine? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a drug test coming up and I don't have a script for the pain medication I take. I just wondered hw long it would stay in my urine. I hope someone can help, I have looked all over the internet for answers and all I get is info on how to order the pills! Thanks.

View more questions Search