Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sherry5 Posts: 7, Reputation: -1

Oct 5, 2009, 02:26 PM
    How long does alcohol stay in your system?
    I drank 4 glasses of wine last Thursday. I am supposed to have an alcohol test today. Will it still show up in my system? Please help I am scared half to death.
    give2me1lemons Posts: 203, Reputation: 12

Oct 7, 2009, 10:22 PM
    Ok.. I'm not an expert and have absolutely no experience with this whatsoever.

But I looked up the test because I'd never heard of something that could detect alcohol up to 80 hours after the fact. The sites seemed to confirm what you said however, so using basic logic..

It takes one hour for the body to metabolize one drink. You said you had four. Then you said your test was on the 5th-three days later. Even if you took the test at midnight, which would actually be the sixth, that is still only 72 hours. This test claims it can detect alcohol up to 80 hours after the fact, and you have to consider that even if you drank your last drink at ten pm, it would still be in your system until eleven.

I'm not sure how much sense that makes, but to my logic, you are likely to be caught. Again, I don't claim to have any knowledge or expertise on this matter, and you should check my calculations because math is not my strong suit. So...

Edit.. Yep, my math is wrong. Friday, Saturday, Sunday.. that's 72 hours. Depending when you took it Monday, it might've cleared the 80 hour mark. However, it does take your body an hour to process one drink, so I'm not sure if that sets back your stopping point to when the last glass was metabolized.
    cowboy715 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 07:08 PM

I just failed a test had 2 glasses of wine at 5 pm on Sunday took test on 530pm on Monday the key is to find out if tester test for booze one po took 20 tests but lab didn't chech for booze this new one does

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can alcohol be detected in your system? [ 9 Answers ]

I have to get a urine analysis for alcohol use. I used alcohol last Thursday; I had 4 glasses of wine. Is there any way that it could be detected in my urine today? Please answer as soon as possible. I am very scared.

How long does alcohol stay in your urine [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so the last day I had a few drinks was on Thursday night, its not Sunday and I have a urine test tomorrow morning (monday), I did not have any drinks over the weekend, should I be able to pass the test tomorrow or no?

How long does alcohol stay in body [ 5 Answers ]

If i drank beer firday night but prior to that had a full dinner,how long after would alcohol leave my system. If i drank friday nigth and took a urine test on monday at 4:30pm would it be clean?

How long does alcohol stay in the urine? [ 5 Answers ]

I stopped drinking at 2am last Monday and was given a urine test on Tuesday at 1015 am or so for probation would alcohol show up on my test?

View more questions Search