Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhaip Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Passive/Non-Passive activities
    I am one of three partners in an LLC. We own rental properties and I am primary maintenance person that does the repairs and service. Is this income/loss considered passive or non-passive activity for the purpose of the Schedule E.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 10:58 AM
    By definition, it is a passive activity since you are NOT a real estate professional who buys and rents properties as part of your real estate business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Religious or Political / Aggressive or Passive? [ 13 Answers ]

Opinions please. Did the act of placing a Mezuzah at Gate 5 constitute an illegal political act? Was it aggressive? Was it provocative? Was it wrong? Or was it simply a case of Jews peacefully performing their religious observance in a way that doesn't affect the Arabs in the area? Does...

Passive exposure to crack cocaine [ 2 Answers ]

A family member is suing for custody of his children because their mother is a crack cocaine user. He is sure that she has smoked with the youngest child in her presence and in their house when he is away at work. He willingly took a drug test when the court ordered her to take one (Both hair and...

I'm too much of a passive boyfriend even when I'm hurting [ 2 Answers ]

When it comes to relationships I'm too passive meaninging that I kind of let things slip when I'm hurt by them or having a dislike/hate for them.Ive always had trouble telling gfs that I don't like something or things they do and most of the time I get really bothered by small things they do...

Passive smoking and kittens [ 2 Answers ]

Can smoking harm my kitten? Both my partner and I smoke and we are worried that it might affect our kittens health. Thanks!

View more questions Search