Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccberwick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Long lasting period
    I have had my period now for longer than 3 weeks. I am on the contraceptive pill and started taking this after a week of my period. I take it every day at around the same time and haven't missed it once. I also have quite a sharp pain in my side near my right hip don't know if this is anything to do with it please give me some answers!! Thanks x
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 10, 2007, 11:34 AM
    You need to go to your doctor. Your doctor may need to re-evaluate what pill s/he put you on as well as do some blood tests to see if you are anemic.

Please make an appointment today.
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Apr 10, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Absolutely make an appointment today! Some times your Birth Control pill can make your hormones get out of wack and can cause bleeding like that! Also Overian cysts can cause pain like you describe and also can cause bleeding! I hope you get into your Dr. soon!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very, very long period! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 16, and I got my period about 4 yrs ago. It evened out after a year or two, and was, on average, about 7 days long. About a year ago I went vegetarian, and in the span of six months skipped about 3 periods... After that, things seemed back to normal, for a while. About 3-4 months ago,...

Is my period lasting to long? [ 6 Answers ]

Today is my 4th day on my 1st period and it is showing no signs of slowing down or stopping. Everybody I've asked says it starts slowing down around the 4th and 5th day but mine isn't! Am I OK?? :confused:

Period lasting so long [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went to the doctor and I figured out why my period was lasting so long. Now it stopped but I am now having a lot of discharge. The last time that happened I had a yeast build up now I can't keep going through this. I want to be free of all prolonged leakage. Can someone tell me what's going on...

View more questions Search